New signing

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Close to being completed: http://bit.ly/RoversToCTFC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fans bristle with excitement as Gary gets a handle of the RB position, looking for a clean sweep of round pegs across the back four.
Robin
So not one of the experienced four players we have been heavily linked with or particularly experienced but happy to see what the lad can do and gives us another option on the right hand side for sure.
horlickfanclub
He is a right winger. Cover for Dawson if he stays. I would rather have a 21 year old "one of our own" than a loanee. We do need to sign a few taller players though.
Robin
Yes agree, seems to be cover for right wing and right back if we play 4-4-2 so needed.
THECHOIRBOY
https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/foo ... an-1533138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And a couple of tidy goals from him

http://www.thenationalleague.org.uk/mat ... /1-2849780" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Interesting Darryl Clarke says his best position is in a midfield three as that is what GJ likes to play.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Fans bristle with excitement as Gary gets a handle of the RB position, looking for a clean sweep of round pegs across the back four.
What is the rumour re a RB ?
Ihearye
Robin wrote:Interesting Darryl Clarke says his best position is in a midfield three as that is what GJ likes to play.
Wonder does he see him as a starter or as back up to what he envisages the midfield to look like. Not that I am overly concerned, but is Sellars still a no sign at the moment ?
Robin
Ihearye wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Fans bristle with excitement as Gary gets a handle of the RB position, looking for a clean sweep of round pegs across the back four.
What is the rumour re a RB ?
Alcock from Doncaster is the target, used to play for GJ at Yeovil and was promoted out of league two a couple of seasons back.
Robin
Ihearye wrote:
Robin wrote:Interesting Darryl Clarke says his best position is in a midfield three as that is what GJ likes to play.
Wonder does he see him as a starter or as back up to what he envisages the midfield to look like. Not that I am overly concerned, but is Sellars still a no sign at the moment ?
You would imagine Dawson is first choice if we play 4-4-2 but usually the early summer signings by GJ tend to be those who are regular starters.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:
Ihearye wrote:
You would imagine Dawson is first choice if we play 4-4-2 but usually the early summer signings by GJ tend to be those who are regular starters.
Am hoping for that. As the year went on Dawson seemed to become a shadow
Malabus
If only we had him at Stevenage on that snowy evening.
Nesty
Its interesting reading people's sweeping statements about signings
Shade
I fear that being the first signing, and with bigger ones coming up, that this news may be somewhat brushed under the carpet
paperboy
Robin wrote:
Ihearye wrote:
I thought that GJ has said that two contracted players for next season are not in his plans so assume they will be transfer listed or will have their contracts terminated by mutual consent.
Isn't Dawson one of the two likely players along with Graham?
Ihearye
I am a bit at a loss as to what is happening around the 2 contracted. I am presuming that JC was one (as he was technically still under contract).

Would much prefer if these 'signings' were announced once pen had been put to paper and not touted as 'on their way'
Nesty
Shade wrote:I fear that being the first signing, and with bigger ones coming up, that this news may be somewhat brushed under the carpet
Trigger would say that it is the same Broom
Shade
Personally, I'm of the mind that the longer the Winchester "saga" drags on the better it is for us, as a couple of weeks ago it seemed certain that he was about to sign for whoever. Maybe he'd made his mind up and CTFC have improved their offer and made him think again?
Ihearye
Shade wrote:Personally, I'm of the mind that the longer the Winchester "saga" drags on the better it is for us, as a couple of weeks ago it seemed certain that he was about to sign for whoever. Maybe he'd made his mind up and CTFC have improved their offer and made him think again?
Having read my post re what would be best for his international progress, he is having a second think - obvious really