Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY




 Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 



Author Message
 Post subject: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 24 May 2018, 13:35 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17992
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Despite my complaints, protestations and vow not to renew, I have in fact just done so.

The positivity of the new chairman, and the confidence of the new experienced signings Mullins and Tozer suggests to me things are shaping up to be a better season.


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 24 May 2018, 14:07 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 11709
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Well done RCS, I am going to do the same in the coming days. Just hope we can all sustain this positivity now through to the season.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 24 May 2018, 14:39 
Offline

Joined: 30 May 2012, 08:18
Posts: 951
Location: Cirencester
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Good to hear you're both keeping the faith. I sense we have a decent season ahead and I renewed my ST last week too - not that any doubts ever crossed my mind!


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 24 May 2018, 15:02 
Offline

Joined: 20 Jul 2011, 20:35
Posts: 199
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Bravo Gentlemen. The optimism is well founded. I renewed my season ticket application in the first week of availability.

Meanwhile our Noisy Neighbours are already bemoaning their lack of recruitment activity:

Re: Signing number 1???????
Postby tommyd » Thu May 24, 2018 1:12 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/tozer_ben/st ... 56096?s=12

Meanwhile Cheltenham make another good signing.
We're getting left behind.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 24 May 2018, 16:27 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 9385
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Bravo Gentlemen. The optimism is well founded. I renewed my season ticket application in the first week of availability.

Meanwhile our Noisy Neighbours are already bemoaning their lack of recruitment activity:

Re: Signing number 1???????
Postby tommyd » Thu May 24, 2018 1:12 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/tozer_ben/st ... 56096?s=12

Meanwhile Cheltenham make another good signing.
We're getting left behind.


Oh dear.

I shall also be renewing mine in the next week, although I never wasn't going to. Just letting it roll around so that I get an extra month to pay it off the credit card...


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 25 May 2018, 07:58 
Offline

Joined: 29 Apr 2018, 09:01
Posts: 8
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Renewing mine next week after having doubts following the Coventry debacle.

Are we trying to do a Stoke City:- every new player over 6 foot or has Gary shrunk during the last few weeks?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 25 May 2018, 08:13 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 11709
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
It's interesting because it seems GJ has realised we need more physical presence in this league, it was one of the reasons we got bullied last season in my opinion.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 25 May 2018, 08:16 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17992
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Robin wrote:
It's interesting because it seems GJ has realised we need more physical presence in this league, it was one of the reasons we got bullied last season in my opinion.


Definitely. Evidenced how won most of our points in the more open footballing games whilst struggling against the more thuggish sides.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 25 May 2018, 08:31 
Offline

Joined: 30 May 2012, 08:18
Posts: 951
Location: Cirencester
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Totally agree. Although players like Sellars and Morrell are quick and skilful, if you have too many lightweight players in the team, it will inevitably lead to the ball being 'gifted' too often to physically taller and stronger opponents. As Robin rightly says, we regularly got bullied and, let's face it, there's minimal protection from referees except when someone breathes too near a goalkeeper. Although Morrell, in particular, fought hard and even won headers against taller opposition, the dice is always loaded against you in aerial battles. It goes some way towards explaining why we were so often ineffectual at set pieces last season.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 25 May 2018, 08:42 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17992
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
vickeryc wrote:
Totally agree. Although players like Sellars and Morrell are quick and skilful, if you have too many lightweight players in the team, it will inevitably lead to the ball being 'gifted' too often to physically taller and stronger opponents. As Robin rightly says, we regularly got bullied and, let's face it, there's minimal protection from referees except when someone breathes too near a goalkeeper. Although Morrell, in particular, fought hard and even won headers against taller opposition, the dice is always loaded against you in aerial battles. It goes some way towards explaining why we were so often ineffectual at set pieces last season.


And of course this happens at all levels of the game. No surprise that Fulham’s epic run didn’t get going until they signed Mitrovic; if a defender tried to stop Fulham’s passing game too robustly then Mitro was liable to snap their neck. You need intimidating, big and strong players who cannot only fight their own battles but also those of weaker colleagues.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 25 May 2018, 11:35 
Offline

Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 02:56
Posts: 4288
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Bravo Gentlemen. The optimism is well founded. I renewed my season ticket application in the first week of availability.

Meanwhile our Noisy Neighbours are already bemoaning their lack of recruitment activity:

Re: Signing number 1???????
Postby tommyd » Thu May 24, 2018 1:12 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/tozer_ben/st ... 56096?s=12

Meanwhile Cheltenham make another good signing.
We're getting left behind.


They have a "head of recruitment" there now that was some guy at Everton as well


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 25 May 2018, 11:37 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17992
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Ralph wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Bravo Gentlemen. The optimism is well founded. I renewed my season ticket application in the first week of availability.

Meanwhile our Noisy Neighbours are already bemoaning their lack of recruitment activity:

Re: Signing number 1???????
Postby tommyd » Thu May 24, 2018 1:12 pm

https://mobile.twitter.com/tozer_ben/st ... 56096?s=12

Meanwhile Cheltenham make another good signing.
We're getting left behind.


They have a "head of recruitment" there now that was some guy at Everton as well


Won’t be able to work the wires as well as P&G can.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 25 May 2018, 15:11 
Offline

Joined: 29 Apr 2018, 09:01
Posts: 8
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Robin wrote:
It's interesting because it seems GJ has realised we need more physical presence in this league, it was one of the reasons we got bullied last season in my opinion.



Agree totally Robin. The other problem last season was a lack of pace in our back line; not to mention the lack of understanding at times.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 26 May 2018, 11:29 
Offline

Joined: 23 Dec 2009, 02:56
Posts: 4288
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 3 times
When SC was boss, opposing mgrs said that WR was the land of the giants


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 26 May 2018, 11:34 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 17992
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Ralph wrote:
When SC was boss, opposing mgrs said that WR was the land of the giants


Hoping for fortress Whaddon Road next season. Whoever visits must go home battle weary.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Humble pie swallowed - season ticket renewed
 Post Posted: 26 May 2018, 17:02 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 9385
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Ralph wrote:
When SC was boss, opposing mgrs said that WR was the land of the giants


Hoping for fortress Whaddon Road next season. Whoever visits must go home battle weary.


And with their tails between their legs.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 




Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot] and 8 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: