Loan move for midfielder

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Details here: http://bit.ly/MidfielderBath" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
To avoid Johnsons Red Army wrapping my knuckles I shall say "no comment" !!
Johnsons Red Army
:lol:

(although, I will concede you do have a point with this one, and anyone else on two year deals that can't even make the 1st team. Whilst I was a supporter of Gary during his whole reign, and admit I didn't want him sacked, he clearly wasn't perfect in every aspect of the job as is shown with this signing.)
Robin
He's young and looked fine when I saw him in pre-season. I find it strange how he's almost been frozen out under Milton and now Duff especially when McAlindon has been so poor and got in the squad ahead of him.

Hopefully he can go out, get games and come back firing, do we think George Lloyd and Debayo are the next logical ones?
Nesty
Johnsons Red Army wrote::lol:

(although, I will concede you do have a point with this one, and anyone else on two year deals that can't even make the 1st team. Whilst I was a supporter of Gary during his whole reign, and admit I didn't want him sacked, he clearly wasn't perfect in every aspect of the job as is shown with this signing.)
My main gripe with GJ was how we started the season with so few attacking options. Apart from that we had seemed to have assembled some semblance of a half decent squad......... anyway water under t'bridge, good we can share a bit if banter,
horlickfanclub
It is a good move for him and i think he could play in the Check a trade of needed under new rules. He was not "frozen out" Robin. We can't have 10 or 15 on the subs bench.
Robin
He's not been given a chance here Horlick since GJ went, simple as that.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:He's young and looked fine when I saw him in pre-season. I find it strange how he's almost been frozen out under Milton and now Duff especially when McAlindon has been so poor and got in the squad ahead of him.

Hopefully he can go out, get games and come back firing, do we think George Lloyd and Debayo are the next logical ones?
McAlindon is a striker not a midfielder so not like for like in terms of place on the bench.
Andy
Robin wrote:I find it strange how he's almost been frozen out under Milton and now Duff especially when McAlindon has been so poor and got in the squad ahead of him.
Frozen out under Milton and now Duff ??!!??

And how many League appearances did he make under Johnson? You make it sound as if he was a regular starter under GJs few games and then totally dropped after GJ gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:
Robin wrote:I find it strange how he's almost been frozen out under Milton and now Duff especially when McAlindon has been so poor and got in the squad ahead of him.
Frozen out under Milton and now Duff ??!!??

And how many League appearances did he make under Johnson? You make it sound as if he was a regular starter under GJs few games and then totally dropped after GJ gone.

If that many managers have seen him in training and decided not to pick him does that say something about the player, no matter what fans thought of him in a summer training kick about.
Robin
Under GJ he was in the squad, in pre-season he looked fine. Since GJ left he's not made the 18 once hence he's been frozen out.

Also McAlindon was played on the wing under Milton at Brentford, Smith could have played there instead.
Andy
He is not been frozen out. Just the squad was added to and he’s dropped down the order because he wasn’t good enough. He was only ever good enough to come on as a sub once ... I wouldn’t tar Duff or Milton by saying they freeze players out this early.

Ben3
I blame Johnson for signing him, Milton for freezing him out and duff for loaning him out, Baker for allowing him to be signed and Wilcox too.

Perfect, five blames for one
Shade
Just because it grates a little, his name is McAlinden with an e, not an o.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:He is not been frozen out. Just the squad was added to and he’s dropped down the order because he wasn’t good enough. He was only ever good enough to come on as a sub once ... I wouldn’t tar Duff or Milton by saying they freeze players out this early.

Is it 26 players or something we have? That’s 8 frozen out every week!
everyman
Robin wrote:Under GJ he was in the squad, in pre-season he looked fine. Since GJ left he's not made the 18 once hence he's been frozen out.

Also McAlindon was played on the wing under Milton at Brentford, Smith could have played there instead.
Trust the manager to make the decisions,even if you didn`t want him.He is better qualified than any of us !
Nesty
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Andy wrote:He is not been frozen out. Just the squad was added to and he’s dropped down the order because he wasn’t good enough. He was only ever good enough to come on as a sub once ... I wouldn’t tar Duff or Milton by saying they freeze players out this early.

Is it 26 players or something we have? That’s 8 frozen out every week!
not really, there have been 2 or 3 mickey mouse cup games and reserve matches where some of the fringe players could have been used. Any not appearing in those as well could be deemed frozen out? but whatever terminology one adopts 26 is too many, I feel we shall see a few more being shipped out
asl
everyman wrote:Trust the manager to make the decisions,even if you didn`t want him.He is better qualified than any of us !
No... I think you're wrong... There's several posters on here who know better than any so-called 'managers' or 'directors.' They'll tell you this country has had enough of 'experts' and that they know better.