New dugouts being built

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Picture here of the groundworks for new lower sunk dugouts.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CTFCofficial ... 28/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Funding for the project from the tremendous 500 Club.
ctfc-fan
Out of interest, I wonder if Bences subsidise or supply the materials they can?
shevates
Bences have supplied some of the materials, as they have done for a lot of the 500 club projects, but we still pay for them
ctfc-fan
shevates wrote:Bences have supplied some of the materials, as they have done for a lot of the 500 club projects, but we still pay for them
Thanks for the reply Steve.

Keep up the good work.
hepple
When I hear the dig outs are being sunk into the ground I was expecting them to be going lower than that.
asl
hepple wrote:When I hear the dig outs are being sunk into the ground I was expecting them to be going lower than that.
Yea, me too. Doesn't look more than 4" down from the pic.

Unless, of course, we're awaiting 400t of topsoil to raise the pitch up another 12". ;)
shevates
ctfc-fan wrote:
shevates wrote:Bences have supplied some of the materials, as they have done for a lot of the 500 club projects, but we still pay for them
Thanks for the reply Steve.

Keep up the good work.
Sorry didnt make the point very clear ctfc Bences do supply and give us a good deal hence we use Bence
shevates
asl wrote:
hepple wrote:When I hear the dig outs are being sunk into the ground I was expecting them to be going lower than that.
Yea, me too. Doesn't look more than 4" down from the pic.

Unless, of course, we're awaiting 400t of topsoil to raise the pitch up another 12". ;)
The depth of the hole dug was 13 inches deep then a 4 inch concrete base was laid with a 9 inch surrounding support wall layed on top of the base, leaving a 9 inch step down into the dugouts. To go deeper would of been ideal but with drainage and power cables running just below that 13 inch depth, to divert those obstacles it would of cost us thousands more, money the 500 club do not have. The project is costing us £13,000 as it is. Just for that depth of 9 inches the supporters in the Paddock and Tunnel Enclosure will see and extra 4 metres of the pitch. So its more than double the 4 inches you think it may have been. Well i hope it is as im on my hols and not there to oversee the project.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Thanks for the technical explanation Shevates. Always great to have the facts and context outlined, especially when people make unfounded criticism of good work being done.
asl
Wow...wasn't aware that could come across as 'criticising'. Apologies if that's how it was perceived.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Wow...wasn't aware that could come across as 'criticising'. Apologies if that's how it was perceived.
I never named individuals so assume your response is a sign of guilt.
shevates
Just explaining the plans that were drawn up as i hadnt explained them previously like i possibly should have done
Shade
Out of curiosity, as I haven't been over there for quite a few years and can't remember, is the bottom step of the paddock/tunnel terraces raised at all, or pitch level?
shevates
Visited the ground today, the base and depth are fine just waiting for the dugouts to arrive and to be dropped into the prepared pit and bolted to the base