John Brough

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
20 years since he signed for Cheltenham Town.

He looks back here and explains how he has ended up at Lydney Town: http://bit.ly/Brough20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
asl
I remember Trigger getting sent off while still on the subs bench. Was that against Brentford when Jules scored that last-minute header to win it after McCann had been sent off (which may have been the catalyst for Brough's dismissal...)

SC, who was already up in the stand serving a touchline ban shouts down: "Broughy...what did you say?"

"Nothing, boss", he called back - which isn't strictly true... I believe it was actually along the lines of "I don't entirely agree with your decision, Mr Referee, Sir."
Shade
I like John Brough a lot, but whenever I see his name I have the unfortunate memory of him hoofing the ball forward one last time quickly followed by the whistle and a stadium of boos, in the 3-0 home defeat by Barnsley, probably the worst game I've ever watched.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I always remember the shift he put in up front in the epic 3-0 win at Swindon.