New signing number 10

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Looking likely: http://bit.ly/StrikerDeal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Sounds really promising, hoping we can get this done before anyone snatchs him. Still think we will need another striker though, missing a powerful forward to replace Wright/Adebajo.
theidlerich
Pleased we have another striker on the books; from the few reports so far looks very promising. If even 2/3rds level of Mo would be good investment!
But a closer read indicates only a possibility! :(
Artemis
He did look very decent vs Cirencester. Played very well up top with Mo.
Says GJ held talks with him. So I do hope that those talks were positive!
Lord Elpuz
I believe this to be very good news. Clearly GJ is very interested, as he’s had a chat with the lad, and from the footage, the interviews with GJ & PJ, the reports from WBA & Cirencester, Fans views that he is similar to Mo etc, that little chat from GJ would not have been to say “Thanks, but no thanks”.

When Mo arrived last season, he was only regarded as a first team development player, but swiftly made the grade, against all expectation. We may yet be very lucky again with this trialist.
andgarod
I assume we are waiting for international clearance
If France are involved they will still be pissed from the WC
Si Robin
The clearance would need to come from Italy as he was playing in Serie D - they've had nothing to do all summer so it should be plain sailing.
Shade
Si Robin wrote:The clearance would need to come from Italy as he was playing in Serie D - they've had nothing to do all summer so it should be plain sailing.
Still asleep then.
Nesty
gone elsewhere I hear
Lord Elpuz
Nesty wrote:gone elsewhere I hear
That’s disappointing if true. I hope it’s not because his head or his agents head has been lured elsewhere. He looked like he had real potential.

Is this “gone elsewhere” information reliable?

I wonder whether the fact Mo’ is not playing v Evesham tonight (per Jon Palmer’s recent tweet) is indicative of a deal for Mo’ being very close, and that as a result of that deal, we are already in for some experienced strikers and that KLK was therefore less likely to get an offer from us?
Shade
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Nesty wrote:gone elsewhere I hear
That’s disappointing if true. I hope it’s not because his head or his agents head has been lured elsewhere. He looked like he had real potential.

Is this “gone elsewhere” information reliable?

I wonder whether the fact Mo’ is not playing v Evesham tonight (per Jon Palmer’s recent tweet) is indicative of a deal for Mo’ being very close, and that as a result of that deal, we are already in for some experienced strikers and that KLK was therefore less likely to get an offer from us?
I wouldn't have thought many of the first-teamers would play tonight anyway with Birmingham at home less than 48 hours later, so not sure we can read too much into that. However, I doubt the club, Mo, or his new club (whoever they may be) would want him being injured by an Evesham player tonight and ending any deal.
Lord Elpuz
Shade wrote: I wouldn't have thought many of the first-teamers would play tonight anyway with Birmingham at home less than 48 hours later, so not sure we can read too much into that. However, I doubt the club, Mo, or his new club (whoever they may be) would want him being injured by an Evesham player tonight and ending any deal.
I think we will see the first choice players (although we don’t yet know which of them that will be) getting at least 45minutes tonight, as GJ wants game time into them all. It will definitely be the case that a prospective club will not want Mo injured. Expect Mo to be sold imminently.
Nesty
itsallbollox
Nesty wrote:Image
Full of c!#p as usual Nasty.
Robin
GJ says he's hoping to add a couple of players irrespective of whether Mo leaves or not. In his latest interview seems to imply both are training with their clubs so will likely be loans or paid transfers with Kalvin also likely - seems it's reaching an agreement with him and his agent which is holding things up.
Nesty
good news -
Artemis
Not good news if we can't reach an agreement with him and / or his agent. Would be far happier if it were international clearance holding things up.
Robin
Watching the interview with GJ it seems that the hold up is very much about agreeing terms with him and his agent although his English may be limited also.
Shade
Robin wrote:Watching the interview with GJ it seems that the hold up is very much about agreeing terms with him and his agent although his English may be limited also.
GJ said in a previous interview that he is a very intelligent lad and speaks good English but he can't understand GJ's cockney accent so Nige has to translate. How much of that is real and how much is a joke I'm not sure!
horlickfanclub
Born in Hammersmith and supports Fulham. Cockney? I don't Adam and Eve it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Born in Hammersmith and supports Fulham. Cockney? I don't Adam and Eve it.
Sounds like a very intelligent and knowledgeable footballer.
horlickfanclub
How about Courtney Duffus. Banging in goals in Ireland and maybe Oldham will loan out.
Robin
Wasn't he released by Oldham? If not, surely he would be in their team.
Nesty
he is at Waterford on loan - scored 10 in 15 games
I-Love-CTFC
Nesty wrote:he is at Waterford on loan - scored 10 in 15 games
Against potato farmers.