Race for Mo reaching climax

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Nesty wrote:we are clearly not going to see all of the Eisa money ploughed back into the playing budget, and i am not going to suggest we should, so using the money for cycle racks etc and any other little jobs that require spending is good sense.
750,000 lottery tickets.
shevates
Feck of Nesty 25,000 membership numbers for a year in the 500 club lol
horlickfanclub
Nesty has a good idea to improve cycle storage. It could be a great money spinner if the club charge £ 5 a bike and donate the money to the 500 club.
Shade
You think people will pay £5 (or anything) for bike storage? It's less than that to park a car in Parklands, and people moan enough already about how much football/CTFC costs these days as it is.
Malabus
horlickfanclub wrote:Nesty has a good idea to improve cycle storage. It could be a great money spinner if the club charge £ 5 a bike and donate the money to the 500 club.
Are you making the p!##. We need to encourage less pollution and traffic.
paperboy
Malabus wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:Nesty has a good idea to improve cycle storage. It could be a great money spinner if the club charge £ 5 a bike and donate the money to the 500 club.
...er, not if you're a football club with car parking to sell.

Pretty sure that Sunderland will be back with an offer that includes a cycle rack and that should clinch it for them.
Malabus
paperboy wrote:
Malabus wrote:

Pretty sure that Sunderland will be back with an offer that includes a cycle rack and that should clinch it for them.
Er.....Anybody that lives in Cheltenham doesn’t need to drive and pollute the air I breath. Damn right laziness and if there is less than two persons in a vehicle he or she should be arrested and beaten.
Last edited by Malabus on 20 Jul 2018, 17:11, edited 1 time in total.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
paperboy wrote:
Malabus wrote:

No reason to reduce car parking spaces.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Pompey ready to give up.

https://www.portsmouth.co.uk/sport/foot ... -1-8575269" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sounds like another club not serious enough to play on our terms.
longmover
its about time pompey know their limits
Artemis
The interesting line in there is "the understanding that Pompey met demands but haven't got the green light". Of course meeting demands could be a deal worth 1.5m with sells ons, bonuses etc. Or it could be they offered the asking price in cash. Whatever, it suggests to me that there may be a bidding war breaking out and the club are confident that they can get more than their valuation.
Last edited by Artemis on 20 Jul 2018, 19:40, edited 1 time in total.
paperboy
....think it's important to remember that Mo is not a piece of meat to be sold to the highest bidder.

Its possible he doesn't fancy Portsmouth and would prefer Brentford for example.
Let's hope it gets sorted soon.
Lord Elpuz
paperboy wrote:....think it's important to remember that Mo is not a piece of meat to be sold to the highest bidder.

Its possible he doesn't fancy Portsmouth and would prefer Brentford for example.
Let's hope it gets sorted soon.
That’s a really excellent and valid point.

It’s highly likely that some of these bids are instalment based, perhaps even dependent on number of appearances, which won’t be acceptable to CTFC if other clubs waiting in the wings are likely to pay the full sum upfront. GJ & Mo are known to have a strong working relationship & Mo will be very keen to listen to GJs opinion because of the Gaffer’s extensive knowledge having been in the game over many years . The wrong move could destroy Mo’s career, and with it any sell-on clause negotiated by CTFC. On that basis, I would imagine that Mo’s well-being is very much under consideration, and I would trust GJ to give Mo that sage advice.
Robin
Sounds like they believe Leeds are the Championship club and we are hoping they will bid more than Pompey and Sunderland have.
Nesty
It isn't Leeds
Robin
I've heard several names being thrown around, the Pompey journalist in the video of that article says they have a solid source that Leeds are interested. I've heard Sheff Utd, Brentford, Bolton and now also Wigan.

Point is I think a number of clubs have an interest and watching but JP seems to have firm knowledge of a bid or imminent bid at least.
asl
I've heard PSG are working out a bid - but it's dependant on Neymar being sold to Real, first.
Nesty
I just hope it is resolved soon and we can get some players in. 14 days to go
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Squad numbers announced.

Mo is 20, and the number 9 is vacant currently.....

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2018/july/squ ... -revealed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
I think we should play Mo today against Birmingham and then when he has bagged a hat trick by half time..........
longmover
its all getting a bit tiresome now.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
longmover wrote:its all getting a bit tiresome now.
Maybe it’s a long play. Make a song and dance now about rejecting offers with no genuine intention to sell. Then when Mo has bagged 15 goals by Christmas and Sunderland are struggling in 15th they will come back with £2m+.
Shade
I think the picture the other night at Evesham of GJ and Mo on their own having a chat spoke a thousand words. How many players who are obviously about to leave would Be at a game like that when they're not going to play? Mo and GJ have a lot of time for each other and GJ will do the right thing by Mo whilst also getting a good price, and Mo trusts in GJ to do that and do what is best for him. But if it comes to the right club coming in for him, I wouldn't be surprised if we let him go for £100k or £200k less than the top bid. With an extra couple of % on a sell on, maybe.