Race for Mo reaching climax

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
But could be one final twist...http://bit.ly/EisaRace" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Looks like tonight will be Mo's last game then (if he plays). Glad it's coming to a climax but hope we will be announcing at least two forwards in the next week and have deals agreed for players.

I don't see a lot of options out there right now but I'd like to see us look at Ahearne-Grant from Charlton or Shawn McClulsky from Bristol City for a small six figure fee. Buying some potential that way and hopefully goals with it.
Andy
Sadly cannot even read the article as the page adverts redirect my browser immediately. Oh well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Hopefully the resolution is one of two outcomes:

Championship club mentioned comes up with cash, or Mo goes nowhere.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:Sadly cannot even read the article as the page adverts redirect my browser immediately. Oh well.

I got half way through before my browser was hijacked and redirected.
Si Robin
I read it with no issues due to the adblocker I use.
Andy
Hmm. Can you get ad blocker for iOS Tapatalk opening websites?

Artemis
Try using the Brave browser. Certainly does the trick on Android and Windows.
kiaora84
He’s not playing tonight :?
shevates
What im so pleased to see is that for once the board are sticking by there guns and holding on to a true reflection on Mos valution. We hold the cards for once well done the board
Shade
Skip forward 24 hours and we've sold him for less than wanted so that we can move on...
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Hopefully the resolution is one of two outcomes:

Hmmmmm doesn't quite tie up with the bombastic

Robin wrote:

Must admit I'm surprised Eisa is still here, I really hope it's sorted one way or the other soon so we can plan for the future.

It is sorted: he is going nowhere.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:

Robin wrote:

Must admit I'm surprised Eisa is still here, I really hope it's sorted one way or the other soon so we can plan for the future.

That is still my belief.
Robin
I've heard rumours (and it is only rumours) that Leeds are in for Eisa now. Bolton and Sheff Utd also interested.
Malabus
Robin wrote:I've heard rumours (and it is only rumours) that Leeds are in for Eisa now. Bolton and Sheff Utd also interested.
So the price is now £3 million plus.

A nice new 100 capacity covered bike storage area for the loyal fans that have been cycling to the ground for over 30 years.

....Not holding my breath.
Malabus
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Andy wrote:Sadly cannot even read the article as the page adverts redirect my browser immediately. Oh well.

I got half way through before my browser was hijacked and redirected.
Me too.
“Click link to read the rest of the story”
Scandalous.
little mo
Robin wrote:I've heard rumours (and it is only rumours) that Leeds are in for Eisa now. Bolton and Sheff Utd also interested.
Bolton couldn't afford the petrol to get him there so you can forget that one.
Artemis
I didn't think Sunderland could either, but it's amazing the money these so called skint clubs actually have
Shade
There are different levels of skint in all walks of life.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Malabus wrote:
So the price is now £3 million plus.

A nice new 100 capacity covered bike storage area for the loyal fans that have been cycling to the ground for over 30 years.

Would be nice. They put decent cycle storage in at St Mary’s in Southampton, with a new traffic-free path along the Itchen constructed not long after and the cycle traffic flow data on matchdays was pretty massive if I recall my analysis of the data five years ago correctly.
Artemis
Ihearye wrote:

Robin wrote:

That is still my belief.
Might be our belief, RCS, but all the evidence points to him leaving and soon. And I took you for an evidence based guy.
Ihearye
Yet it is also your belief if someone puts up the cash. He is off
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:Yet it is also your belief if someone puts up the cash. He is off
Let me try and clarify in simple terms:

I believe that IF a club offers the right amount we will accept the bid.

But, I DO NOT believe that will happen.

Same way I believe IF we signed Kante and Modric we would have the best midfield in L2, but I DO NOT believe that will happen.
vickeryc
The derisory offers made to date are the usual try-on's that we've come to expect in the shabby world of football. Clearly, though, a number of clubs rate him and surely it's only a matter of time before one of them matches the Robins' valuation. We'll see. If any club buys him, I'd like it to be either Bristol City or Brentford. If it's the latter, I'd love to see Illias come here as part of the deal (assuming he hasn't already been moved on).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
vickeryc wrote:The derisory offers made to date are the usual try-on's that we've come to expect in the shabby world of football. Clearly, though, a number of clubs rate him and surely it's only a matter of time before one of them matches the Robins' valuation. We'll see. If any club buys him, I'd like it to be either Bristol City or Brentford. If it's the latter, I'd love to see Illias come here as part of the deal (assuming he hasn't already been moved on).
Brentford would be good if anyone does make the required offer. A stepping stone on the way to a dream Premier League move to Fulham.

But I still don’t think anyone will and am looking forward to seeing Mo line up for us in the first game of the season.
Artemis
Unfortunately, after a dearth of them, we now have two left backs. No space for Illias.
Artemis
I do hope Mo does go to Brentford or Bristol City. Not Leeds.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Sunderland offer reported to be £1.5m:

https://www.a-love-supreme.com/single-p ... s-of-Sorts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
I hope that article is correct but I also hope there is a sell on clause in addition to the fee.
Jerry St Clair
We'll probably never know the figure because don't most transfers now go for undisclosed fees?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:I hope that article is correct but I also hope there is a sell on clause in addition to the fee.
Definitely need a sell-on. I would also say we need a two layer sell-on; i.e a percentage of whatever sell-on Sunderland agree if they sell in the future. If they sell to Brentford in two years for £5m it is all well and good getting 20% of that. But if Sunderland have a clause to get 20% if Brentford sell, say to Fulham for £30m, two years later then if we could get 5% of that 20% it would be good.
Ihearye

Same way I believe IF we signed Kante and Modric we would have the best midfield in L2, but I DO NOT believe that will happen.
And the sum of that amounts to your definitive statement "it is all sorted, he is going nowhere" ? .... think not. In your usual "oh look I’ve really strong opinions you should all accept”, approach
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:

And the sum of that amounts to your definitive statement "it is all sorted, he is going nowhere" ? .... think not. In your usual "oh look I’ve really strong opinions you should all accept”, approach
I believe he is not going anywhere.
Jerry St Clair
Malabus wrote: A nice new 100 capacity covered bike storage area for the loyal fans that have been cycling to the ground for over 30 years.

I love how these threads digress!

Secure cycle storage would genuinely help me attend more games. I'm often tight for time on a Saturday not being able to leave home until after 1430. By far the quickest option is cycling but, the rusty old brackets outside the PRE are usually full by the time I arrive meaning I'd have to find somewhere else for it nearby and leave it to the mercy of the local yoofs. Sounds trivial, but it's a real disincentive for me to attend games.
Nesty
we are clearly not going to see all of the Eisa money ploughed back into the playing budget, and i am not going to suggest we should, so using the money for cycle racks etc and any other little jobs that require spending is good sense.