Evesham United v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this evening: http://bit.ly/EveshamVCheltenham" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
So Eisa is there but not expected to play.

I would love it if behind the scenes Gary has told Leeds or whoever that the deadline to cough up the required sum is 8:30pm tonight, and then, if they fail to do so, rather than dignify with a response, just bring on Mo for the second half as a visual indication that we have had enough of the nonsense.

It really is simple. Gary and the club have a minimum price. Interested clubs know that price. If they want him then bloody offer it. Sunderland were on an absolute p!ss take; they knew we turned down a £1m before as it is far too low so to offer that again is insulting.

Personally, with all the rumours and derisory/joke offers dragging on so long I don’t think any clubs are prepared to pay what it takes (else they would have done so already) which is why I think Mo will be staying at CTFC for the coming season.
Artemis
So Lumbabo Kalala (aka KLK) is also there and playing. Obviously not gone elsewhere. Good. Mo's replacement. For all the bombast, the reality is that the club are negotiating hard with prospective buyers. Expect an undisclosed seven figure fee plus add ons.
Hope Pete Johnson gets a cut of the fee. Marvellous work by the scout.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Artemis wrote:So Lumbabo Kalala (aka KLK) is also there and playing. Obviously not gone elsewhere. Good. Mo's replacement. For all the bombast, the reality is that the club are negotiating hard with prospective buyers. Expect an undisclosed seven figure fee plus add ons.
My take is the only negotiation will be if two clubs meet the minimum requirement and then we negotiate up until there is a sole surviving highest bidder. I don’t see Gary or the Club entering negotiation with a club who doesn’t meet our (in my reading of it) non-negotiable minimum - unless you count “no, you know the price, try again” as negotiating.
Si Robin
Artemis wrote:So Lumbabo Kalala (aka KLK) is also there and playing. Obviously not gone elsewhere. Good. Mo's replacement. For all the bombast, the reality is that the club are negotiating hard with prospective buyers. Expect an undisclosed seven figure fee plus add ons.
Why should he get a cut? He gets paid to do a job which is scout players for the club to sign. I work in insurance fraud and have a set target of savings to make - I don't get a cut of any savings that I do make (although I wish I did).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:
Why should he get a cut? He gets paid to do a job which is scout players for the club to sign. I work in insurance fraud and have a set target of savings to make - I don't get a cut of any savings that I do make (although I wish I did).
Indeed. If he gets a cut when his finds are a success and sold on, then he should pay the Club compensation when his finds fail and cost the Club. Which obviously would be preposterous. The Club bears all the financial risk for Pete’s signings so why on Earth should they sacrifice some of the rewards?
Robin
Si Robin wrote:
Don't see any reason why he can't get a cut as a benefit of his employment. We pay him a modest salary with perk of say him getting 2% of player sales it's just an incentive which many people have in their workplace.
Artemis
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
My take is the only negotiation will be if two clubs meet the minimum requirement and then we negotiate up until there is a sole surviving highest bidder. I don’t see Gary or the Club entering negotiation with a club who doesn’t meet our (in my reading of it) non-negotiable minimum - unless you count “no, you know the price, try again” as negotiating.

I expect the negotiation to take the form of payment profile discussions. Up front short term payment vs staged payments vs sell on clauses vs friendlies vs packets of pork scratchings. And I expect the real value of the deal will not be formally disclosed, simply so that prospective selling clubs don't know how much we have.

I trust GJ to help maximise the value of our prized asset both short and long term.
Artemis
Anyway, anyone know the result from tonight's game?
itsallbollox
2-0 A Trialist in first minute with a header and Graham, played most of the kids to be honest pretty boring left just after half time score didn't change.
Artemis
A Trialist = Kalvin Lumbobo Kalala?
Nesty
Artemis wrote:A Trialist = Kalvin Lumbobo Kalala?
indeed -
Shade
Most of the "first team" were brought on with 20 minutes left. From what I read, Tozer had a good effort hit the bar and another well saved.