League Two 2018/19 Preview

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

d3d4
Hi guys,

Have a listen to our League Two preview podcast as we list where we think every side will finish from 1-24 in League Two.

http://d3d4football.com/d3d4-football-p ... 9-preview/

Thanks

James
Robin
Haven't listened as it doesn't seem to work for me but hard to see us finishing lower than 14th or higher than 10th at this point. I'd wager Notts County and Lincoln will be automatic at this point relegation candidates Morecambe, Yeovil, maybe Oldham and of course Macclesfield.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Yes, we swapped our promotion chances for £1.5m. Mid table beckons.
Robin
Finally managed to listen to most of it agree with you largely. Will try not to spoil it for others but very much agree on your assessments for Exeter, Oldham and Carlisle.

Your Cheltenham prediction is a bit harsh, would see us finishing above FGR, Crawley and Stevenage but agree it depends upon our strikers. Also feel like you have over shot both Grimsby and Swindle both look very much mid-table for me.
Robin
With the transfer window closing next week here are my predictions as things stand:
Automatic contenders: Lincoln, Notts County, MK Dons and Mansfield
Play offs: Colchester, Northampton, Port Vale plus one of the above.
Strugglers: Two from Yeovil, Morecambe, Macclesfield, Oldham or Bury/Crewe.

Cheltenham - 12th -14th but expect this to change depending upon the strikers who come in over the next week.

Dark horses: Stevenage/Crawley. Two unfashionable clubs who seem to have bought well and may challenge the top seven places.
Artemis
Stop scaremongering Robin.
For EFL clubs, loan transfers and the signing of unregistered players are permitted until the end of August, just as they were last season. And by the way, on 24th July, even with your dubious maths, 9th August is not next week.

Plenty of time to get a decent strike force together.
Robin
Are you sure Art, I had understood the window now closes before the season starts hence we need to close by next week.
Si Robin
The window closes for permanent transfers between clubs but not loans. The loan window closes on 31st August as per Artemis's post.

EFL clubs can also still sell players to an area that still has their window open after ours closes.
Artemis
I am sure Robin.

Take a look here.

"The EFL season is set to begin a week before on 4 August and clubs outside the top flight will still be able to sign unregistered players and loanees until 31 August."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44939041" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
OK so loans are still an option, I wasn't aware of that however if we are relying upon loans again it's very poor planning by the mgmt. team in my opinion. No doubt we will take some loans but I hope these are squad players in the main not first choice targets.
bigdavejambo
out of interest why do people think Oldham will struggle? am i missing something?
Robin
Club been struggling for a number of years, weak squad, no money, one relegated side usually struggles and a few go straight through (Tranmere/Chesterfield).