Eisa deal done

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Si Robin
God bless you Andy, but I suspect your reasoned and common sense approach will simply fall on deaf ears.
ctfc-fan
Andy wrote:I guess I called it the other week:
Andy wrote:We all know exactly what Mo will be sold for, IF he goes.

It’ll be: £ undisclosed.

So everyone will then be quoting their “source” and we will have wide variations from £30k plus a friendly to £0.75m plus 50% sell on through to £4m+ and clauses that if he sneezes we get an extra £100k, when he farts it’ll rise to £250k etc.
I mean already people are speculating the addition of a sell on clause of 20% following Robins post (I mean we all know what Robins figures are like in previous years - LOL). There has been no official mention of it or any parts of the deal.

The only figures we have are those in JPs report.

I hope we do have a sell on but whatever deal we got, it’s the best CTFC have had in its history for a player and we all should just wish Eisa well and move on and not use this to have further digs at GJ and the board etc.

Player gone. Get new strikers in now and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spot on. As I understand we paid nothing for him so it’s all profit and clubs like ours need to find that revenue like Crewe used to do a lot.
horlickfanclub
It will be interesting to see if it is used well.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:It will be interesting to see if it is used well.
Already in to the black hole money drain which all lower league clubs fight against.
Artemis
No doubt that since "used well" is entirely subjective, some will think yes, and some no, no matter what happens to it.
Personally, I'd like to see a marquee late 20s striker come in, with a preferably on a permanent transfer (pity Akinde went to Lincoln), and the rest invested on facilities to develop non-match day income.
Robin
I'm expecting one permanent striker as a marquee supplemented by one loanee and KLK. I would imagine the rest of the money will go towards next seasons wage budget and also infrastructure (hopefully a big chunk for the new stand).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Double the NHS funding and slash taxes.
Ihearye

So everyone will then be quoting their “source” and we will have wide variations from £30k plus a friendly to £0.75m plus 50% sell on through to £4m+ and clauses that if he sneezes we get an extra £100k, when he farts it’ll rise to £250k etc.
I mean already people are speculating the addition of a sell on clause of 20% following Robins post (I mean we all know what Robins figures are like in previous years - LOL). There has been no official mention of it or any parts of the deal.

I hope we do have a sell on but whatever deal we got, it’s the best CTFC have had in its history for a player and we all should just wish Eisa well and move on and not use this to have further digs at GJ and the board etc.

May as well wrap up the forum now if debate and opinion are not allowed or seen as digs at GJ and the board. Maybe we should just publish a list of the sacrosanct and discuss everything else.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:

May as well wrap up the forum now if debate and opinion are not allowed or seen as digs at GJ and the board. Maybe we should just publish a list of the sacrosanct and discuss everything else.
Third time we agree in the space of a day.
Shade
So you're allowed to spout your c!#p but people can't spout theirs back because that's killing a forum? You say one thing, others disagree, because they disagree you think that they're saying you can't have an opinion because it's different. How righteous can one be.
Andy
Ihearye wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Third time we agree in the space of a day.
I’m not sure what you’re getting at. I was merely expressing my opinion and part of the debate, which may disagree with yours, so feel free to continue to debate it.

THECHOIRBOY
And now injured his ankle ligaments and out for four to six weeks. Hopefully can get fit soon!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
THECHOIRBOY wrote:And now injured his ankle ligaments and out for four to six weeks. Hopefully can get fit soon!
Maybe stepping up a year or two too soon meant he was putting too much strain on his body trying to get fast and strong enough.
Ihearye
Shade wrote:So you're allowed to spout your c!#p but people can't spout theirs back because that's killing a forum? You say one thing, others disagree, because they disagree you think that they're saying you can't have an opinion because it's different. How righteous can one be.
Perfect summation ! apart from the cr@p bit. Always logical.
Lord Elpuz
Ihearye wrote:
Shade wrote:So you're allowed to spout your c!#p but people can't spout theirs back because that's killing a forum? You say one thing, others disagree, because they disagree you think that they're saying you can't have an opinion because it's different. How righteous can one be.
The thing about Ihearye when he’s not attacking the opinions of RCS, Shade, or myself, is that he likes to give his opinions, only he can’t remember what he’s said in previous posts, so he’s prone to contradicting himself. He’s clearly confused(.com) but you have to admire him for not sitting on the fence, he’s happy to jump in anyone’s garden, if it suits him.

I cite as an example, two recent posts, just days apart:

Ihearye
Replies: 79
Views: 4371
Post subject: Re: stick or twist?
Posted: 14 Aug 2018, 13:41
I'm generally pro-GJ, and I like to think I'm far from knee-jerk when it comes to reactions. I wasn't hugely in favour of GJ being put in charge when he first came into the club and it always felt like he thought he was doing us a favour, the way he spoke about himself and the club. Obviously, over...

Ihearye
Replies: 40
Views: 2579
Post subject: Re: GJ Gone
Posted: 18 Aug 2018, 17:48
Am not too hung up on GJ being replaced. Would be happy if he accepts the fact he needs an assistant in to present a different view and fresh ideas. Also heard that the lads played ok today, but another loss
Ihearye
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Ihearye wrote:
The thing about Ihearye when he’s not attacking the opinions of RCS, Shade, or myself, is that he likes to give his opinions, only he can’t remember what he’s said in previous posts, so he’s prone to contradicting himself. He’s clearly confused(.com) but you have to admire him for not sitting on the fence, he’s happy to jump in anyone’s garden, if it suits him.

I cite as an example, two recent posts, just days apart:

Ihearye
Replies: 79
Views: 4371
Post subject: Re: stick or twist?
Posted: 14 Aug 2018, 13:41
I'm generally pro-GJ, and I like to think I'm far from knee-jerk when it comes to reactions. I wasn't hugely in favour of GJ being put in charge when he first came into the club and it always felt like he thought he was doing us a favour, the way he spoke about himself and the club. Obviously, over...

Ihearye
Replies: 40
Views: 2579
Post subject: Re: GJ Gone
Posted: 18 Aug 2018, 17:48
Am not too hung up on GJ being replaced. Would be happy if he accepts the fact he needs an assistant in to present a different view and fresh ideas. Also heard that the lads played ok today, but another loss
Have to say, if I was looking for a para legal, you would not be too high on my list. That is presuming, that you believe you have trawled my posts in an effort to condem me with own words.

I can't see a siesmic shift in opinion in saying that I in the general run of things I am/was pro GJ followed by not being overly concerned if he was to be replaced.

Maybe you could attempt to explain why an individual is unable to have both opinions on different subjects? Like I said, I realise that people are more than entitled to have opinions. What my original remark on Andy's post was in the matter of his 'having a dig at GJ and board', comment. In so far as people with expressing concerns, were 'having a dig'.
No to be out done, and largely as expected, your attempt to patronise (sorry, that means talk down to), merely shows your inability to be able to differentiate between holding seperate views on different topics as opposed to holding diverse views on the same topic. I know it can sometimes be difficult.

While I 'attack' RCS, I can at least see a logical train of thought to 'attack'. I call him out when I think he is wrong, just as he is keen to call me out when he believes I am wrong (however misplaced that attack mau be :) ).

Shade, I generally (there is that word again), agree with, however on the odd time I don't, I feel free to question his comments in a non personal way - unless of course we are back to saying you are talking bollix and the like is viewed as personal as opposed to the views expressed.

Thay can be congratulated in expressing views even if not popular. Some choose to rather say, I agree with blah blah blah, and in giving their approval, believe it gives gravitas to the post.
Lord Elpuz
Ihearye, the point being my dear boy, would we need “a para legal” for your posts?

And on the matter of your responses which you claim you do “in a non personal way” please explain this post to me:

On 11 August 2018 at 19:33 Ihearye wrote:

“.... You need to have a good look at yourself, @rse”

Seems like another contradiction to me, and quite personal. Have you forgotten what you’d written?