Move back on

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Could still happen: http://bit.ly/CTFCStrikerTarget" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
This has to be one of the most bizarre signings of the summer if it happens. Just not what we need right now, about to drop down to the conference as well, hard to see where he fits into the team other than competing for a place on the bench meanwhile we need a proven football league striker.
Robin
Just reading up on this and if we sign him it can only move Brian Graham is being shown the exit door. Duku and McLindon will be our target men with McCoulskey and Kalvin playing off them and Lloyd as cover.
horlickfanclub
Shawn McCoulsky has been rejected by Doncaster on medical grounds so i would doubt he will be coming here. Liam McAlinden is a useful big striker with a lot of potential . I would ignore the dropping down to the Conference argument.
Shade
The medical grounds are a heart problem that he is supposed to be given the all-clear from in August, so I wouldn't be surprised if we sign him as we're probably not going to get up and running until the end of the month again anyway. Unless Donny's medical threw something else up.
Ihearye
if true (and hope not), GJ must have spotted the reason why he doesn't score many, and believes he can fix it
THECHOIRBOY
Or simply that he thinks he can provide a good alternative option like Wrighty used to.
drgm
..or he doesn't know what he's doing.
Robin
Anyone else beginning to wonder why Kalvin's international clearance is taking so long?
Shade
Robin wrote:Anyone else beginning to wonder why Kalvin's international clearance is taking so long?
I'm sure JP put in an article yesterday that it had been received, but then later in another article it said we were still waiting. Anyway, Italians...their 4th division is probably still on holiday...
Ihearye
THECHOIRBOY wrote:Or simply that he thinks he can provide a good alternative option like Wrighty used to.
Can't disagree that Danny was an option. How successful that option was in L2 could be debated.
Ihearye
Shade wrote:The medical grounds are a heart problem that he is supposed to be given the all-clear from in August, so I wouldn't be surprised if we sign him as we're probably not going to get up and running until the end of the month again anyway. Unless Donny's medical threw something else up.
Imagine it is quite rare that having failed a medical at one club a player is immediately taken on by another club (?). You could be right in that we are prepared to wait longer for match fitness
Robin
We've been waiting for over a week now for international clearance, I can understand a few days but this just feels odd to me. I hope the reason we are suddenly being linked with a load of strikers is not because the Kalvin deal has fallen through.
Shade
Who was it we were waiting for clearance for a year or so ago and it took forever? Didn't the deal end up going south because GJ got fed up waiting?
Robin
Yeah the lad who came from abroad and came to the Newcastle game fully kitted out, then GJ pulled the plug and he dropped into non-league.
kora
If Barca were trying to sign someone from Juve, I can understand that might take precedence, but it does seem to be dragging on and on.
Shade
Robin wrote:Yeah the lad who came from abroad and came to the Newcastle game fully kitted out, then GJ pulled the plug and he dropped into non-league.
Found him, Jeffrey Monakana. Now signed at Wealdstone but, since leaving Preston in 2014, he hasn't played more than 14 games for one club, and has been at TWELVE clubs. He's only made between 1 and 5 appearances at most of those.
Robin
Yeah seems we dodged a bullet there.
shevates
Tickety Boo