Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY




 Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 



Author Message
 Post subject: Last chance saloon?
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018, 22:49 
Offline

Joined: 29 Dec 2011, 17:54
Posts: 1116
Location: Whaddon road
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Are we to assume defeat tomorrow to lowly Macclesfield or even a draw will finally spell the end for GJ. A point might buy him time but do others think defeat and he is gone? It would be ironic if Yates was the manager to do it.


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Last chance saloon?
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018, 23:17 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19481
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Benctfc wrote:
Are we to assume defeat tomorrow to lowly Macclesfield or even a draw will finally spell the end for GJ. A point might buy him time but do others think defeat and he is gone? It would be ironic if Yates was the manager to do it.


I doubt it. The Board statement indicated that they want Gary to get strikers in - and they are sensible enough to know that one working day is not likely to be enough to make those signings. I would say two or three games left in the saloon.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Last chance saloon?
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018, 23:52 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 12535
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I'd say a defeat tomorrow and GJ will go, a draw and he may last until the weekend. I'd be very surprised if the board are not already talking to potential successors given the loan window shuts next week.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Last chance saloon?
 Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018, 08:47 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:15
Posts: 1023
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
I am off to the match tonight at Macclesfield. I was at Hartlepool match, after which Keith Downing lost his job. Will history repeat itself?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Last chance saloon?
 Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018, 09:01 
Offline

Joined: 30 May 2012, 08:18
Posts: 1069
Location: Cirencester
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Clearly, no one can question your commitment, Red Duke, but wouldn't it be more uplifting for you to go there in a spirit of optimism than apparent resignation?! (Pardon the pun!)


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Last chance saloon?
 Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018, 09:06 
Offline

Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 10:22
Posts: 1066
Location: Cotswolds
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Red Duke wrote:
I am off to the match tonight at Macclesfield. I was at Hartlepool match, after which Keith Downing lost his job. Will history repeat itself?


I look forward to your honest appraisal of the team, formation, tactics, and leadership issues [on field and from the dugout].


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Last chance saloon?
 Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018, 09:30 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 10:15
Posts: 1023
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
vickeryc wrote:
Clearly, no one can question your commitment, Red Duke, but wouldn't it be more uplifting for you to go there in a spirit of optimism than apparent resignation?! (Pardon the pun!)


Maybe you ought to question my sanity....

However, I always an optimist when it comes to the Robins. i hope for the best but fear the worst.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Last chance saloon?
 Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018, 12:25 
Offline

Joined: 30 May 2012, 08:18
Posts: 1069
Location: Cirencester
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Red Duke wrote:
vickeryc wrote:
Clearly, no one can question your commitment, Red Duke, but wouldn't it be more uplifting for you to go there in a spirit of optimism than apparent resignation?! (Pardon the pun!)


Maybe you ought to question my sanity....

However, I always an optimist when it comes to the Robins. i hope for the best but fear the worst.

I don't question your sanity at all - I'm equally guilty of hoping for the best but fearing the worst! Unfortunately, it's the destiny of lower league football supporters, though most are proud to support their club regardless of the inevitable disappointments.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Last chance saloon?
 Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018, 12:26 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 27 Sep 2010, 14:02
Posts: 9986
Location: Cheltenhamshire
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
If we lose tonight then I can't see GJ not being sacked. TBH, if they're going to do it they might as well do it now so that a new manager has got a few days to get a couple of players in.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 




Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: