Register    Login    Search    FAQ

CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Post subject: Last chance saloon?
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018, 22:49 

Are we to assume defeat tomorrow to lowly Macclesfield or even a draw will finally spell the end for GJ. A point might buy him time but do others think defeat and he is gone? It would be ironic if Yates was the manager to do it.

Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Last chance saloon?
 Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018, 23:17 

Benctfc wrote:
Are we to assume defeat tomorrow to lowly Macclesfield or even a draw will finally spell the end for GJ. A point might buy him time but do others think defeat and he is gone? It would be ironic if Yates was the manager to do it.

I doubt it. The Board statement indicated that they want Gary to get strikers in - and they are sensible enough to know that one working day is not likely to be enough to make those signings. I would say two or three games left in the saloon.

Post Posted: 20 Aug 2018, 23:52 

I'd say a defeat tomorrow and GJ will go, a draw and he may last until the weekend. I'd be very surprised if the board are not already talking to potential successors given the loan window shuts next week.

Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018, 08:47 

I am off to the match tonight at Macclesfield. I was at Hartlepool match, after which Keith Downing lost his job. Will history repeat itself?

Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018, 09:01 

Clearly, no one can question your commitment, Red Duke, but wouldn't it be more uplifting for you to go there in a spirit of optimism than apparent resignation?! (Pardon the pun!)

Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018, 09:06 

Red Duke wrote:
I am off to the match tonight at Macclesfield. I was at Hartlepool match, after which Keith Downing lost his job. Will history repeat itself?

I look forward to your honest appraisal of the team, formation, tactics, and leadership issues [on field and from the dugout].

Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018, 09:30 

vickeryc wrote:
Clearly, no one can question your commitment, Red Duke, but wouldn't it be more uplifting for you to go there in a spirit of optimism than apparent resignation?! (Pardon the pun!)

Maybe you ought to question my sanity....

However, I always an optimist when it comes to the Robins. i hope for the best but fear the worst.

Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018, 12:25 

Red Duke wrote:
vickeryc wrote:

Maybe you ought to question my sanity....

However, I always an optimist when it comes to the Robins. i hope for the best but fear the worst.

I don't question your sanity at all - I'm equally guilty of hoping for the best but fearing the worst! Unfortunately, it's the destiny of lower league football supporters, though most are proud to support their club regardless of the inevitable disappointments.

Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018, 12:26 

If we lose tonight then I can't see GJ not being sacked. TBH, if they're going to do it they might as well do it now so that a new manager has got a few days to get a couple of players in.

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY