Battle of the CTFC

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
This may well be due to Google algorithms improving and showing me what it thinks I want, but Cheltenham Town now dominate when I search CTFC.

There was a time where Crawley would sometimes be the first hit on Google, and the Robins once even slipped to third behind Crawley TFC and the Churches Trust for Cumbria.

This morning however, the first his were all Robins - official site, official Twitter, the RNF, Wikipedia and the Echo. No Crawley in sight - the first non-Robins hit is for Chippenham TFC im the Wiltshire Gazette.

Personally, I did always enjoy looking from time to time to see whether Chelt, Crawley or Cumbria Churches we’re leading the way so it would be shame if it is just algorithms at work rather than pure victory.
Nesty
you have too much spare time !! - no seriously - I was once told by someone that you could design the best website in the world but if nobody could find it you have wasted your time.
Shade
Probably algorithms as you say. I also get nothing but Cheltenham, and even CTLFC, though.
Andy
Try from a private browser. Delete cookies / history etc and try again.

Mine is still all Cheltenham Town except one: Certificate in Trade Finance Compliance (CTFC). Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ctfc-fan
As Andy says, your browsing history can affect the results so you need to either do it from a browser not logged in or in private browsing.
chelttown
Google knows your rough location via various methods and then applies that information to their algorithm to provide you with local information when you search. It's clever stuff!