Done deal

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Kalvin signs: http://bit.ly/NewSigning13" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
what is a "short term deal" ?
Shade
6 months I'd imagine to prove himself. If he starts the season well he'll quickly get a longer, better deal no doubt, like Mo did last season.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
He might not be allowed to work in the U.K. after March 2019 of course so a short-term deal is prudent.
Robin
I agree, I'd imagine it's a similar deal to Addei until January.

Also to RCS point it will be interest as we have now Duku and KLK who could both be at risk if Brexit happens, also I assume Attangana and Dawson but they have been in the country a little longer so more likely to be ok.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:I agree, I'd imagine it's a similar deal to Addei until January.

Also to RCS point it will be interest as we have now Duku and KLK who could both be at risk if Brexit happens, also I assume Attangana and Dawson but they have been in the country a little longer so more likely to be ok.
Please explain how any of them could be at risk ????
Lord Elpuz
Glad to see we’ve got this one done. Nurtured properly he has the ability to make an impact on League 2.

Welcome Kalvin.
Andy
CTFC.com wrote:Kalala has now officially signed for the Robins and the club has applied for international clearance ahead of his weekend’s game with Crawley Town.
I thought that they had already applied for international clearance?
Circa 1887
Ihearye wrote:

Because after Brexit no foreign national will ever be allowed to set foot on our shores again. Leaving the EU will prevent any citizen of any other country from ever being here. Just like British people have never been able to visit or work in America, Africa, Australia, Asia - all of which aren't in the EU.

Or...it's just a load of tosh being posted on here, as usual.
Shade
Andy wrote:
CTFC.com wrote:Kalala has now officially signed for the Robins and the club has applied for international clearance ahead of his weekend’s game with Crawley Town.
I thought that they had already applied for international clearance?
Yes, been the ongoing saga. I assume this is just getting the green light from the FA that all of the international paperwork is in order?
Robin
According my company anyone who has been working and living in the UK for a period prior to Brexit would be able to continue working. Anyone working under that period may need to apply for a work permit, ergo they would be subject to such permit being granted if we do leave the EU. Surprised others haven't had similar comms?
Johnsons Red Army
Anyone from the EU. Not outside of it. (One of the "Four freedoms" of the EU is freedom of movement of persons, so what you have heard will be related to that only. Those who have come here from non-EU countries will surely be unaffected by Brexit changes, presumably).

Although, as you alluded to in your previous post, "if Brexit happens". Surely has to be an "if" at this point, despite what No. 10 keeps saying about no second referendum. I'm still not ruling it out.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:

Who knows what will happen. One would hope the Government follow through with their plans for EU citizens who have lived here for less than five years to apply for pre-settled status, but if the Rees-Mogg cult get the reins who knows if they will. The point being made is that with the uncertainty it is best to be prepared for a worst case scenario.
Robin
That was really my point at this stage it seems nobody really knows for sure and the comms from my company were just an outline based on the guidance they had from the government. This could put both KLK and Duku at risk where as Dawson and Atangana should be fine as they have lived in the UK for longer than five years all four are 'foreigners' but EU citizens. Either way the club needs to plan for this just like every business is at the moment.
Red Duke
Robin wrote:That was really my point at this stage it seems nobody really knows for sure and the comms from my company were just an outline based on the guidance they had from the government. This could put both KLK and Duku at risk where as Dawson and Atangana should be fine as they have lived in the UK for longer than five years all four are 'foreigners' but EU citizens. Either way the club needs to plan for this just like every business is at the moment.
As Dawson is Irish, I believe that the Anglo-Irish Treaty of 1921 over rules any EU Brexit stuff and therefore residency rules would not apply in his situation.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:According my company anyone who has been working and living in the UK for a period prior to Brexit would be able to continue working. Anyone working under that period may need to apply for a work permit, ergo they would be subject to such permit being granted if we do leave the EU. Surprised others haven't had similar comms?
Equally surprised a company saw fit to put anything like that into writing. Certainly more than the government h decided to put their name to. The wind seems to be blowing in the way of making it extremely easy for anyone already here before next March to stay. As for dawson, not that I think he will be an issue anyway, red summed it up nicely