Graham on his way

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

paperboy
...back to Scotland,according to JP.
A high earner off the payroll.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Never really settled. Probably best for all parties. All the best Brian - never thought you got a decent run in the side despite obvious ability.
Si Robin
Injuries have hampered him and that's a shame. As you say RCS, he clearly has the ability, but being unable to get a run in the team, it really does suit all parties for him to go back to Scotland.
Robin
No real surprise, five forwards and McCoulskey set to sign (according to JP), someone would have to move out and there have been rumours since the end of last season that he was told to find a new club. Let's now see if Dawson follows him out or not.
Lord Elpuz
It’s a shame it didn’t work out. Brian Graham is a much better footballer than many believe. I wish him well for the future and hope it works out for him at his next club.
Robin
It will be interesting to see if he ends up in the SPL or the Scottish Championship. Hibs fans did say he wasn't very good and to be honest his time here hasn't been very successful either especially given he's rumoured to be one of the higher earners.
Jon Palmer
Latest here: http://bit.ly/GrahamScotland" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
paperboy
..thanks JP

..interesting that we are still chasing another non league target.
Robin
Is it McCoulskey or the non-league player or both?

As for Graham dropping down to Ross County in the Scottish Championship, that's realistically top half conference level with a few exceptions.
I-Love-CTFC
Not particularly disappointed about Graham leaving. A high earner who isn't a guaranteed starter.
Macauley Bonne would be a decent signing.
paperboy
I-Love-CTFC wrote:Not particularly disappointed about Graham leaving. A high earner who isn't a guaranteed starter.
Macauley Bonne would be a decent signing.
Agree, best wishes to Graham as coming down to Cheltenham with his family was a big step to take.

I suspect we will have taken quite a hit financially to get him off the payroll.

For me he flattered to deceive and GJ must have a similar opinion to have made him available in the summer.

Can't win them all I guess, but I wonder how many times we had actually seen him play before we signed him.

JP mentions National League so that would potentially include North and South also.
Robin
The rumour is Bonne from Leyton Orient Paperboy but a club record fee would be required.
kora
Graham gone to the Staggies.
THECHOIRBOY
Bonne I would be surprised at. Sorry for the small club syndrome comment but at Leyton Orient he is at a pretty big lower league club and probably on more / as much in terms of wages as here. He probably has interest from other league clubs so for us to sign him would be quite a coup.
Jon Palmer
Confirmed: http://bit.ly/GrahamRoss" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nesty
Good luck Brian
kiaora84
Robin wrote:The rumour is Bonne from Leyton Orient Paperboy but a club record fee would be required.
It’s not Bonne (he’s Pompey bound anyway)
Nesty
looking at the top scorers from the NL last season there is ex FGR lad Norwood
Shade
A shame, Brian Graham certainly didn't lack passion or effort and it was the injuries that really hampered him. We saw in a few games that he probably had more than enough for this level with his performances at the likes of Wycombe, but he never got that proper run of games going.
Robin
kiaora84 wrote:
Robin wrote:The rumour is Bonne from Leyton Orient Paperboy but a club record fee would be required.
I've heard his name mentioned several times now but nothing concrete.
kiaora84
Robin wrote:
kiaora84 wrote:
I've heard his name mentioned several times now but nothing concrete.
Its a shame as I think he’d be a good fit for us and has age on his side.

Anyway, the deal if it happens will definitely have to break our transfer record by some margin. We shall see...
horlickfanclub
A good move for Brian Graham and his family. I liked him as a player but he thrived on crosses and they rarely came.He certainly got stuck in and was up for a battle.
Ihearye
Lord Elpuz wrote:It’s a shame it didn’t work out. Brian Graham is a much better footballer than many believe. I wish him well for the future and hope it works out for him at his next club.
Maybe you should have enlightened GJ before he decided he wasn't a much better footballer than many believe
Ihearye
Lord Elpuz wrote:It’s a shame it didn’t work out. Brian Graham is a much better footballer than many believe. I wish him well for the future and hope it works out for him at his next club.
Maybe you should have enlightened GJ before he decided he wasn't a much better footballer than many believe
art vandalay
Shame it didn't quite work out for Graham. He gave it a good go and our best spell of the season came when he was regularly in the team. He just didn't feature often enough afterwards.
Lord Elpuz
Ihearye wrote:
One heard you the first time.

To repeat oneself can appear frightfully boorish, my parochial playfellow.