Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY




 Page 2 of 2 [ 44 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2



Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Cheltenham Town v Crawley Town
 Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018, 11:15 
Offline

Joined: 03 Dec 2009, 10:22
Posts: 1091
Location: Cotswolds
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Rather reluctant to post but ......Thoughts on game 1: Maddox bright young prospect, but lightweight, a cross between Mellor & Eisa without the goal scoring ability. Duku willing but not yet ready for league footy; especially the sharpness required at this level; seemed undecided at times. Perhaps more game time; team really hasn’t gelled; should have by now if coach & manager up to the task. Tozer didn’t hit the spot for me, nor McLinden; better when Broome & Dawson came on second half. Pity about the penalty; should have watched England !! Flinders saved us from a sound defeat; we didn’t look capable of scoring. Few genuine attempts at goal; where are our strikers? Team management poor, as tactics; believed last season GJ has lost his way and what I saw confirms my suspicions. Crawley looked better and were more confident in their play; passes found their players rather more easily; we were poor in that regard, especially Atanga, his short passes within midfield ok, but longer out to our strikers were woeful! Crawley struck quickly, we seemed to have gaping holes in our mid-field. Pity we didn’t get a draw; but much to ponder. However early days….I trust.
Thought the 'Iheareye' recent post hitting the spot.


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Cheltenham Town v Crawley Town
 Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018, 13:46 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 25 Nov 2009, 23:57
Posts: 2103
Location: Heart of the Forest, Glos
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Totally embarrassing and unacceptable that we ended the first game of the season with a centre back playing upfront [TIRED FACE]


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cheltenham Town v Crawley Town
 Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018, 13:48 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 12612
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
That was my gripe too. Our forward options just not good enough, I feel Many should be eased in (there is potential there), McAlindon I just don't get that signing but hope I am proven wrong, KLK is raw and exciting but not convinced he is ready to start. At least one striker a must this week possibly two.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cheltenham Town v Crawley Town
 Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018, 14:48 
Offline

Joined: 04 Aug 2011, 12:02
Posts: 2820
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
There is plenty of room in the old stand for six players to sit on their arse .


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cheltenham Town v Crawley Town
 Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018, 15:41 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19929
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Robin wrote:
That was my gripe too. Our forward options just not good enough, I feel Many should be eased in (there is potential there), McAlindon I just don't get that signing but hope I am proven wrong, KLK is raw and exciting but not convinced he is ready to start. At least one striker a must this week possibly two.


Why on earth was Graham shown the door?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cheltenham Town v Crawley Town
 Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018, 19:49 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 12:19
Posts: 12612
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Because he fell out with the manager, was rumoured to be one of our higher earners and I suspect because we were confident of signing a new striker.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cheltenham Town v Crawley Town
 Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018, 19:59 
Offline
User avatar

Joined: 05 Jan 2018, 09:08
Posts: 642
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Robin wrote:
Because he fell out with the manager, was rumoured to be one of our higher earners and I suspect because we were confident of signing a new striker.

only room for one ego ?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cheltenham Town v Crawley Town
 Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018, 20:23 
Offline

Joined: 26 Dec 2012, 18:27
Posts: 1038
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Robin wrote:
That was my gripe too. Our forward options just not good enough, I feel Many should be eased in (there is potential there), McAlindon I just don't get that signing but hope I am proven wrong, KLK is raw and exciting but not convinced he is ready to start. At least one striker a must this week possibly two.


Why on earth was Graham shown the door?


Because he was not good enough


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Cheltenham Town v Crawley Town
 Post Posted: 05 Aug 2018, 20:40 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 11:29
Posts: 3092
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
Because he was injured more than he was fit maybe.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 2 of 2 [ 44 posts ] Go to page Previous  1, 2




Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: RegencyCheltenhamSpa and 12 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: