Register    Login    Search    FAQ



CTFC.com Official Site Cheltenham Town FC 500 Club

Other Useful Links:     Leo's Blog    Robins Trust    CTFC Chatter    Football Ground Guide    This is Gloucestershire    News Now    CTFC History Site

Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY




 Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 



Author Message
 Post subject: Disciplinary Rules for 2018-19
 Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018, 12:04 
Offline

Joined: 20 Nov 2009, 11:50
Posts: 2015
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/jul/31/r ... ea-2018-19

Two major changes - one being the showing of red and yellow cards to those in the technical area, a practise that was stopped a few years ago, but now with specific punishment on numbers of yellow cards.

Secondly, red and yellow cards are now to be competition specific. So the first cut off for one match suspension is 5 bookings in the first 19 league games. A card in the FA Cup does not count to the total, but instead two yellow cards in the FA Cup means suspension from the next game. I think this also applies to League Cup, but this has not been specifically stated. The EFL Trophy was already competition specific.

As you can imagine, some confusion will occur when a transferred player is suspended from the first FA Cup match of the following season, especially if the FA do not have the software to cope with this. In the past, the FA has refused to accept not knowing about a suspension, because it does not show on their web site to be an excuse for playing a suspended player


Top  Share on FacebookShare on Twitter
 Post subject: Re: Disciplinary Rules for 2018-19
 Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018, 12:31 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19930
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
leohoenig wrote:
http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/jul/31/red-yellow-cards-technical-area-2018-19

Two major changes - one being the showing of red and yellow cards to those in the technical area, a practise that was stopped a few years ago, but now with specific punishment on numbers of yellow cards.

Secondly, red and yellow cards are now to be competition specific. So the first cut off for one match suspension is 5 bookings in the first 19 league games. A card in the FA Cup does not count to the total, but instead two yellow cards in the FA Cup means suspension from the next game. I think this also applies to League Cup, but this has not been specifically stated. The EFL Trophy was already competition specific.

As you can imagine, some confusion will occur when a transferred player is suspended from the first FA Cup match of the following season, especially if the FA do not have the software to cope with this. In the past, the FA has refused to accept not knowing about a suspension, because it does not show on their web site to be an excuse for playing a suspended player


Automated player ID database would mean the FA don’t need to worry about it.


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Disciplinary Rules for 2018-19
 Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018, 13:04 
Offline

Joined: 17 Aug 2017, 12:15
Posts: 134
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 0 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Automated player ID database would mean the FA don’t need to worry about it.


Can’t the FA just invest in a copy of FIFA 19 and let EA do the updating for them. :) :)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Disciplinary Rules for 2018-19
 Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018, 15:26 
Offline

Joined: 28 Dec 2009, 21:36
Posts: 1837
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 1 time
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
leohoenig wrote:
http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/jul/31/red-yellow-cards-technical-area-2018-19

Two major changes - one being the showing of red and yellow cards to those in the technical area, a practise that was stopped a few years ago, but now with specific punishment on numbers of yellow cards.

Secondly, red and yellow cards are now to be competition specific. So the first cut off for one match suspension is 5 bookings in the first 19 league games. A card in the FA Cup does not count to the total, but instead two yellow cards in the FA Cup means suspension from the next game. I think this also applies to League Cup, but this has not been specifically stated. The EFL Trophy was already competition specific.

As you can imagine, some confusion will occur when a transferred player is suspended from the first FA Cup match of the following season, especially if the FA do not have the software to cope with this. In the past, the FA has refused to accept not knowing about a suspension, because it does not show on their web site to be an excuse for playing a suspended player


Automated player ID database would mean the FA don’t need to worry about it.


Wouldn't the FA have to procure and run it (and therefore worry about it), even if its 'automated' with the referee keying in bookings?


Top 
 Post subject: Re: Disciplinary Rules for 2018-19
 Post Posted: 09 Aug 2018, 18:06 
Online
User avatar

Joined: 21 Nov 2009, 04:27
Posts: 19930
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 2 times
Artemis wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
leohoenig wrote:
http://www.thefa.com/news/2018/jul/31/red-yellow-cards-technical-area-2018-19

Two major changes - one being the showing of red and yellow cards to those in the technical area, a practise that was stopped a few years ago, but now with specific punishment on numbers of yellow cards.

Secondly, red and yellow cards are now to be competition specific. So the first cut off for one match suspension is 5 bookings in the first 19 league games. A card in the FA Cup does not count to the total, but instead two yellow cards in the FA Cup means suspension from the next game. I think this also applies to League Cup, but this has not been specifically stated. The EFL Trophy was already competition specific.

As you can imagine, some confusion will occur when a transferred player is suspended from the first FA Cup match of the following season, especially if the FA do not have the software to cope with this. In the past, the FA has refused to accept not knowing about a suspension, because it does not show on their web site to be an excuse for playing a suspended player


Automated player ID database would mean the FA don’t need to worry about it.


Wouldn't the FA have to procure and run it (and therefore worry about it), even if its 'automated' with the referee keying in bookings?


UEFA to run it (so international transfers/clearance much easier). AI software can read the data from Referee reports (I assume filed online these days) or data from companies like Opta.


Top 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
 
 Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 




Board index » THE NEST » CTFC CHAT ONLY


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Ralph, SHANDY VOR and 5 guests

 
 

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: