Ratings and thoughts

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

shevates
A Woeful first half, men versus boys. We were clueless it was if we hadnt met each other before. The effort was there, the ability just wasnt. Thats not the players fault, but of the manager who has formed a squad not good enough to compete at this level. Second half was a vast improvement, and just like the game against Crawley we looked better when the subs were brought on, and at times we were on top, but the damage was already done.

Flinders 8. Three great saves, im sure he will be player of the season, and we all know what happened when a Robins goalkeeper last won player of the season

Baldwin 4. Well lee son of gary, Baldwin is not good enough for league 2 and maybe never will be.

Boyle 5. Done ok won a lot in the air but indecisive on the floor

Mullins 6. A leader but we need eleven of them, the only real signing that stands out to me.

Deybayo 4. Not good enough for Leicester and i have doubts if hes good enough for us.

Dawson 6. Thought he done ok battled well, but ran out of steam, some nice inter play

Atangana 5. First half passing was woeful. Improved 2nd half when we were pushing them back and he had time on the ball, but created nothing that i can recall.

Tozer 4. In the engine room with Atangana, never known engines break down so often.

Maddox 6. I like this lad, makes time on the ball for himself, knows what has to be done, shame others arnt on the same level

Mcalindon 4. Chesterfield are the beneficiarys of us signing him, a panic signing in my eye. He struggled, looked poor and lost. Can only get better

Duku 6. Was isolated up front, but cant forget his endless running off the ball. Had one chance he should of done better with. His effort and commitment was the cause of his injury.

Subs. 6 each. All three had a major impact of getting us back into the game. Broom going forward put pressure on there back four, as did Addai and Kalala was a handful for there centre backs.

Thoughts. Simply not good enough. We need a fit Long and Hussey back from suspension, that may help a lot defensively. We need someone who can create and score from midfield because our present 2 arnt up for that role, and of course a player up front who knows where the net is, easier said than done at this stage of the season. I had a clear view as I held my head in my hands for most of the game lol.
longmover
Jeez, what a complete and utter shambles they are, if this carries on I can see the dressing room becoming a very septic place to be. So not only the mess on the pitch but a mess in the dressing room.
Red Duke
Whether it is just because I watch the Robins away, but they always start the games very slowly.

Tranmere was yet another example.

They never take the game to opposition. To me it shows a lack of confidence and that they are trying to nick a point.

I would prefer the opposite, and started playing with a high tempo, pressing game. It would put the opposition on the back foot and silence the home crowd.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:Whether it is just because I watch the Robins away, but they always start the games very slowly.

Tranmere was yet another example.

They never take the game to opposition. To me it shows a lack of confidence and that they are trying to nick a point.

I would prefer the opposite, and started playing with a high tempo, pressing game. It would put the opposition on the back foot and silence the home crowd.
Same as many home games. The FGR home game last season the most unacceptable occurrence of the walking pace start to football games.