Trust Communication

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Dave Beesley
Hi All,
It has been raised in another thread that fans feel the Trust is distant, and unapproachable. I would hate that to be the case. But I am always happy to receive constructive feedback, queries and complaints.

We are aiming to have Trust representatives at every League home games. Look out for our banners. But sometimes we may be unavailable due to a lack of volunteers.
I will also aim to be available in the lead up to every home game, I aim to be there two hours before the game. But I am a single father, and my daughter does come first.

I regularly check the Trust email address (info@robinstrust.org) and Twitter account. So please get in touch via those methods.
I also regularly check this forum, so will try and address matters when I see them. But please remember I have a responsibility to the club board not to infringe on or undermine their interests. So there will times where I have to keep information confidential.

Also, information about our upcoming AGM will be distributed soon.

Thanks all

Dave Beesley
Interim FED.
Si Robin
Thanks for posting this Dave.

I do question though what the Trust are doing to rectify the disconnect between the club and the fans.

The club hasn't built on the Championship winning team and is definitely going backwards now. Then this past summer we've seen the cancellation of the Trust's Open Day (a well attended day, and something that always gets younger fans into the game) because the club decided to do the launch of the kit before a pointless friendly and we've seen the £5 admin fee on season tickets which led to all kinds of back and forth's between the club and the Trust - including a statement from the then FED stating that the club had ignored all of his ideas for promoting the season tickets.

These are just two of the things that are irking and showing that it appears to fans that to the Board we are simply customers and nothing more.
Dave Beesley
Undoubtedly there have been points this summer when the Club and the Trust have not seen eye to eye. And it was regretful that events were cancelled, I can assure you we will be doing our best to avoid that in future.
But I think it's time to put that all behind us and give us both the benefit of the doubt.
Our AGM is coming up in September (more details soon), and we will be welcoming applicants to join (or rejoin) the Trust Board. We are always on the look out for people with experience in Marketing, Comms, Merchandise but particularly somebody with experience being a company or society secretary.

Si, I am happy for you to contact me directly if you want a lengthier chat.

Thanks