Ratings

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Benctfc
Flinders - 5 Looked solid enough but should have saved their 2nd where he seemed to get done by the swerve of the ball it would have cost us two points in a league match.
Forster - 8 Thought he really grew into the game and improved as it went on very solid an no nonsense what we have missed must start Saturday.
Mullins - 8 Faultless again and made a great block in the 2nd half which looked goal saving.
Boyle - 6 Typical solid performance from him
Debayo - 4 Thought he looked the weak link and kept getting caught out of position needs to improve.
Broom - 7 Decent movement and took his goal well deserves to start Saturday.
Thomas 7 - Very tidy on the ball got us ticking something we have missed in the opening games another who deserves a start against Carlisle.
Atangana 6 - Relatively quiet. Worked hard but lacked the end product at times.
Maddox 7 - Thought he looked bright and stronger on the ball than what I thought he would be. Did well to win the penalty by getting to ball ahead of the keeper.
Kalala 7 - I think he is a talent still quite raw but has pace and power when in possesion just needs that first goal.
Addai 6 - Same as Kalala really needs a goal to get him going I would like to see them both paired up top again on Saturday.
Subs - All were pretty anonymous and didn't get into the game.

Looking ahead to Saturday I hope we see the same team as tonight start and give them another chance.
itsallbollox
Don't agree with Kalala's rating, thought he didn't do a lot, he looked absolutely knackered at half time,Addai deserved at least a 8 along with Forster and Mullins.
Last edited by itsallbollox on 14 Aug 2018, 22:11, edited 1 time in total.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Great to see Forster back. Like a new signing.

Hussey to return soon too.

Once Forster is fully fit and Long is back fit, I could see us switching to three at the back with Forster alongside Mullins and Boyle. Long and Hussey either side, Baldwin and Adebayo on the bench.
Andy
itsallbollox wrote:Don't agree with Kalala's rating, thought he didn't do a lot, he looked absolutely knackered at half time,Addai deserved at least a 8 along with Forster and Mullins.
Agree.

Why Addai got taken off when he was causing them problems I have no idea. Kalala was exhausted and should have been subbed. I think the sub choices were a bad move that nearly cost us the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:
itsallbollox wrote:Don't agree with Kalala's rating, thought he didn't do a lot, he looked absolutely knackered at half time,Addai deserved at least a 8 along with Forster and Mullins.
Agree.

Why Addai got taken off when he was causing them problems I have no idea. Kalala was exhausted and should have been subbed. I think the sub choices were a bad move that nearly cost us the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good to push Kalala that little bit more in to the red zone to accelerate his strength and fitness development.
horlickfanclub
Flinders 5
Forster 8
Mullins 8
Boyle 7
Debayo 5
Broom 8
Thomas 8
Atangana 7
Maddox 8
Addai 8
Lalala 7
Subs . Smith ,Tozer and Lloyd 6

Mostly high scores to reflect the good football played most of the time.The oppo were better than Crawley but we matched them and stretched them They had to chop our speedy players down to halt us. The system worked well against there back three.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Flinders 5
Forster 8
Mullins 8
Boyle 7
Debayo 5
Broom 8
Thomas 8
Atangana 7
Maddox 8
Addai 8
Lalala 7
Subs . Smith ,Tozer and Lloyd 6

Mostly high scores to reflect the good football played most of the time.The oppo were better than Crawley but we matched them and stretched them They had to chop our speedy players down to halt us. The system worked well against there back three.
Great that the attacking young players are starting to find their feet. Was always going to be the case that they would improve as the season went on.

Two things I find interesting and promising from recent interviews. 1) last night Gary said Kalala was ahead of where he expected him to be in terms of the fitness required for League football. 2) earlier in the week Gary revealed how the data from the first games showed that we didn’t cover the required distance of runnin during the game to be competitive. This is something that will get rectified as the non-League and youth team players get fitter and more able to cover the distance required in the pro-game.
Shade
I wouldn't argue with those general scores. Debayo definitely the weak link but isn't terrible. He picks a good pass, has pace and defends reasonably well. Does seem to have an error in him though, which will hopefully disappear as he gets used to playing at this level. Can't see him keeping Hussey out of the team when he is fit, though. Not yet, anyway.

Addai was better than Kalala, he showed great pace and had a couple of chances. Kalala looks like he can past anyone with ease, but needs to learn a bit when to pass as he could have released runners once or twice but held an attack up by trying to beat a man.

Everyone else was solid. Thomas was lucky not to be booked before he finally did. Three slightly late sliding challenges before going into the book. He stayed on his feet after that which may have cost us with the second goal, but I'm not certain whether he was the closest player or not. First half, it seemed like it would have been him sliding in to block or make a foul.