Alex Addai

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

itsallbollox
Alex Addai has got to be one of the first names on the team sheet for me, his pace scares the pants off defenders and is skilful with it, he's not that big but is strong in the tackle and holding the ball up, crosses a good ball pity we haven't got a experienced forward to play off him, my choice for MOM tonight.
Last edited by itsallbollox on 14 Aug 2018, 22:10, edited 2 times in total.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Addai.
Robin
I feel his best position is still coming on for the final twenty minutes simply because to play him we need to go 4-4-2 and it doesn't suit the rest of the team.
horlickfanclub
Were you there Robin? He caused a lot of problems for Colchester ,holding it up and stretching their defenders. Four four two got us two up and the system did not cause us to concede. I think you have claimed that system doesn't suit the team for three years now with about sixty different players. It does not always work but the system was good last night. The changes in the team balanced things better with Forster and Thomas really solid . Hussey should make a massive difference at left back.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Were you there Robin? He caused a lot of problems for Colchester ,holding it up and stretching their defenders. Four four two got us two up and the system did not cause us to concede. I think you have claimed that system doesn't suit the team for three years now with about sixty different players. It does not always work but the system was good last night. The changes in the team balanced things better with Forster and Thomas really solid . Hussey should make a massive difference at left back.
Completely agree. 4-4-2 allows us to get two up and pace on the wings - with the non-crossing winger able to come in at the far post.

Robin’s aversion seems based on more of a personal ideology than evidence.
Robin
We've played our best football under GJ with three in midfield in my opinion.
horlickfanclub
What year was that? Mullins and Boyle were forced to be decisive last night.Three central defenders usually means one can hide.
Shade
Last night the 4-4-2 worked because the players that came into the team are more suited to it. Forster was much, much stronger at RB than anyone we've had for the last year. Thomas worked a lot better alongside Atangana and it gave Nige more confidence to play his game as it went on. Broom faded but linked up well and finished his chance cooly. Addai has got to start up front, no question about it, especially with Duku out. He is going to cause problems to any defence because of his effort and pure speed. Kalala and Addai are raw but they both have a hell of a lot of potential. Hopefully they'll both settle into League 2 football soon and the finishing will come.
Red dog
Looked like a windup toy today with no control or direction , thought he worked hard today but with no where near an end product.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Was a nuicance. Stole balls and beat men. But crossing and shooting wayward and looked rushed - like he hadn’t adapted to the pace and lack of time in L2 viz non-league.