Excited for Saturday

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Based on following the game last night and the post match reactions from manager and players (interviews and tweets) I am now excited about coming down to WR on Saturday.

I suspect only around 2,500 but would be great to have 3,000.
horlickfanclub
Last night gave reason for some optimism.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Last night gave reason for some optimism.
Time for the players to build on that put a good run together.

COYR.
Artemis
Jury's out for me. We scored, twice - good thing. Gave away a two-goal lead - bad thing. Had the mental strength to win a penalty shoot out - good thing. But we only drew over 90 minutes. Better than losing and something to build on.

We know Conor Thomas can take a mean penalty, He and Addai must be in the starting line up on Saturday.
kora
Not like watching Brazil but a huge improvement on the last two games, we played some decent passing football at a good tempo. Forster, Thomas and Kalala must start on Saturday. Much happier than 24 hours ago.
Shade
Coming out on the front foot was obviously a huge benefit, as was scoring so early as it settled the players down a bit. Have to remember as well that Colchester have had an unbeaten start. We were also a bit unlucky with their first. Debayo should have sent it miles away but smacked it into the attacker and it fell perfectly for them. The second...well, the guy had acres of space outside the penalty area and I don't know what happened with the shot, whether it swerved dramatically, took a deflection or what, but it didn't look like it was close to a corner and Flinders was wrong-footed. The same guy also smashed what would have been a goal of the season contending bicycle kick inches wide and then a shot that rolled out by the corner flag, before skying his penalty, once again proving that some players at this level are capable of Premier League quality on occasion, but also offer non-league dross, and that's why they're in League 2.