Gary Johnson ahead of Carlisle United at home

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Read/watch here: http://bit.ly/GJCarlisleH" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
"Kalvin had a horrendous couple of weeks, when he was stopped at an airport and he was living on the streets in Birmingham because he couldn't get a hotel. He had an unbelievable couple of weeks, so he can only get better."

Wait...what?! When was this?

Good to see that Hussey is apparently back in training and sounds like he may be on the bench at Macclesfield once his ban is complete. I'd assumed he was going to be a few more weeks away.
Lord Elpuz
Shade wrote:"Kalvin had a horrendous couple of weeks, when he was stopped at an airport and he was living on the streets in Birmingham because he couldn't get a hotel. He had an unbelievable couple of weeks, so he can only get better."

I’d heard that when he was trialing for us, he’d used his remaining money to get back to the UK from France on a train. He didn’t even have any money for food and hadn’t eaten for a couple of days when he was trialing - and no-one knew at the time what sacrifices he was making to try and get a contract. Although it’s a sad story, it also shows pretty awesome determination, and I would dearly like to see him succeed because of it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Shade wrote:"Kalvin had a horrendous couple of weeks, when he was stopped at an airport and he was living on the streets in Birmingham because he couldn't get a hotel. He had an unbelievable couple of weeks, so he can only get better."

I’d heard that when he was trialing for us, he’d used his remaining money to get back to the UK from France on a train. He didn’t even have any money for food and hadn’t eaten for a couple of days when he was trialing - and no-one knew at the time what sacrifices he was making to try and get a contract. Although it’s a sad story, it also shows pretty awesome determination, and I would dearly like to see him succeed because of it.
Wow. That is commitment and dedication. Taking himself close to rock bottom to show what he can do for CTFC. Re: the other thread - the antithesis of the “I put six people out of a job for a pay rise” attitude of Winchester.

No wonder Kalala was lacking in fitness and strength at the start of the season! Can’t wait for his first Robins goal!!

COYR
Shade
Well, not that he wasn't getting it already as he looks a real talent anyway, but he certainly deserves our support if he was prepared to put himself through that for a chance at a professional English club.
Nesty
I am surprised we havent offered him more than a "short term" deal.
ctfc-fan
Nesty wrote:I am surprised we havent offered him more than a "short term" deal.
But on other threads GJ is getting slated now for offering 2 year deals when normally if he offers 1 year deals he gets questioned why not longer in case they are good.

Can the bloke win?
Del Boy
ctfc-fan wrote:
Nesty wrote:I am surprised we havent offered him more than a "short term" deal.

Can the bloke win?
Judging by the results, not very often.