Andy Wilcox

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Interview here discussing the start to his reign and the season, Mo Eisa money, signing a proven goalscorer and the club engaging more with fans: http://bit.ly/Wilcox3Months" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kiaora84
Interesting comments on Lee Carsley. Watch this space :!:
longmover
About time the chairman started holding GJ accountable publicly, also making it known the money is there he just needs to use it 'properly'.

Also the Carsley comment shows that he can create the right environment for change. Everyone now knows GJ is under pressure, his move.
Horteng
Sounds like Andy is struggling to fulfill the job to me but yes good to hear he is as disappointed as us all with pre season and the start to the league
longmover
Horteng wrote:Sounds like Andy is struggling to fulfill the job to me but yes good to hear he is as disappointed as us all with pre season and the start to the league
Maybe a bit of bluff on his part, sound fallable and human.
Lord Elpuz
Good interview. Open and honest.

Also of interest from that interview ...
Mo Eisa to Bristol City was clearly not a Johnson Family conspired stitch-up as some have suggested. And confirmation from the Chairman that it was an excellent piece of business.

Over to Gary now to get the season back on track. We as fans should get behind him and let him get on with his job. We can see from this interview that the Chairman takes a very keen interest in how the team is performing and who he holds accountable if it is not.
Artemis
To paraphrase:
"Listen Gary, the money is there for you to get experienced players in. We might even break our salary cap if the right ones come along. So off you go, do the business.
If you don't or can't, I have a very good friend by the name of Lee Carsley. He's a respected coach and might make a decent manager. Just saying......"
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Great interview. Shows the value of clear and direct communications.

Straight to the facts re: Mo and transfer policy.

Also, pleasing to see the ambition to get to L1 followed by the explanation to the “FIFA managers” in the fanbasr that promotion will take millions of pounds and we have to build towards it over time. Clearly sets out ambition and expectation.

Assertive answers without being bullish or bullshizz. Rare amongst most Chairman or owners you read about. One of the best Chairman interviews I have read - up there with J Henry at Liverpool.
Robin
kiaora84 wrote:Interesting comments on Lee Carsley. Watch this space :!:
I know Lee Carsley has managed Brentford and Blues on an interim basis but I understood he never wanted to be a manager and preferred to be a coach but he'd be better than a lot of potential candidates if GJ does leave.
asl
The 'FIFA Managers' on here also appear to have been incorrect about 'Undisclosed Fee' being '£1m.' But I'll let that one go...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:The 'FIFA Managers' on here also appear to have been incorrect about 'Undisclosed Fee' being '£1m.' But I'll let that one go...
One imagines that until the comments by Mr Wilcox presented today those to whom you refer relied on the best source of information (JP of Glos Echo) available at the time, in good faith. As stated previously - the benefit of clear communications evident to quell rumour and mischief.
Ralph
kiaora84 wrote:Interesting comments on Lee Carsley. Watch this space :!:
I thought that too