As disappointing as the first 3 games have been....

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

solihullkev
.....you don't sack a manager and let someone else inherit what Johnson was looking to build on. Instead it's the words of the late Graham Taylor, "you got us into this mess, now get us out of it"
Horteng
Have to say I agree
longmover
what have you seen from his managerial reign in the league that he will turn this around?
Ralph
solihullkev wrote:.....you don't sack a manager and let someone else inherit what Johnson was looking to build on. Instead it's the words of the late Graham Taylor, "you got us into this mess, now get us out of it"
I do agree with this even if i'm annoyed right now. He does need to know though that the clock is ticking
Robin
I believe it's better he moves on and the new manager can use the coming week to bring in a couple of strikers. The board need to act swiftly and appoint the right person.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:I believe it's better he moves on and the new manager can use the coming week to bring in a couple of strikers. The board need to act swiftly and appoint the right person.
You missed the memo?
drgm
It's not just the first three games is it? It's the one point per game for the previous 92 that's the problem.

Gary really should have gone today. Now we take the risk of sacking him some time later when the Mo money
has been wasted. He's had all summer to sort this out. He should pay the price.
Robin
The Mo money won't be wasted as we can only take loans right now and there is a hell of a lot of it almost £1.5million according to the chairman.
shevates
The time is to act now before its to late and give a new manager time to try and improve this current squad johnson has put together from here there and everywhere, and bring in a few loans. I stand directly behind the dugouts, he said feck all yesterday no encouragement what so ever, and the way he diappeared down the tunnel pretending we wouldnt notice him hes clueless and were pointless. Tozer as a second half striker fecking laughable sums him up
theidlerich
shevates wrote:The time is to act now before its to late and give a new manager time to try and improve this current squad johnson has put together from here there and everywhere, and bring in a few loans. I stand directly behind the dugouts, he said feck all yesterday no encouragement what so ever, and the way he diappeared down the tunnel pretending we wouldnt notice him hes clueless and were pointless. Tozer as a second half striker fecking laughable sums him up
"Tozer as a second half striker fecking laughable sums him up"....
are we sure it's spelt correctly and that the 'z' should be a 's'?
THECHOIRBOY
Whilst I agree a laughable substitution, it does not say much for the rest when I thought he was one of our better players yesterday!
Robin
Broom, Mullins, Thomas, Atangana all had good games in my opinion the problem was we had absolutely nothing up top.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:Broom, Mullins, Thomas, Atangana all had good games in my opinion the problem was we had absolutely nothing up top.
Kalala running at them was decent. But not much shooting chance apart from the great curler forcing the diving save (dare I suggest the way he opened his body and dug the shot out with minimal backswing was Mo-esque?). I thought in general he had all the professional traits which the non-Leaguers lack - getting his body in between defender and ball, knowing when to lay off or when to spin his defender. Just his stamina and strength are not up to the English game yet. But that will come, whist the ability and brain is already there.

Addai close to being played in several times by good midfield play but one or two percent too slow in starting the run or getting the shot away, which is what you would expect from someone playing just their third League match. And his snatched shots and cross, where he looked like he was stretching or rushing are a symptom of the same cause. Again, full time training and League matches will solve this.

An experienced and bigger League striker would help them both and is essential to sign - probably more important than another non-Leaguer like Rowe.
shevates
Weve already signed non league strikers lol at least rowe is a decent one lol
Robin
I am not saying there is anything wrong with either Addei or Kalvin they both look great prospects but strikers able to lead the line they most definitely are not. I'd also take Rowe here in a heartbeat, if we had signed him I'd be confident of a top half finish.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
shevates wrote:Weve already signed non league strikers lol at least rowe is a decent one lol
Hence my use of the would ‘another’. Christ.
shevates
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
shevates wrote:Weve already signed non league strikers lol at least rowe is a decent one lol
W
We need more than Christ to get us out of this trouble lol
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
shevates wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
W
We need more than Christ to get us out of this trouble lol
Profound. Top notch analysis from you today Shev.
drgm
With his fundraising role at the club I always see Shevates as a glass half full man.
If he's lost faith things must be really bad.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
drgm wrote:With his fundraising role at the club I always see Shevates as a glass half full man.
If he's lost faith things must be really bad.
Time will tell.