Some thoughts on the Carlisle defeat

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Can be read here: http://bit.ly/5ThingsCarlisleHome" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
Not sure I can agree that Carlisle deserved to win yesterday Jon, felt we were comfortably the better team. Cannot disagree with anything else though.
Lord Elpuz
I’m with Robin and RCS on this one, as I don’t agree that Carlisle deserved to win.

Comments appended below from the “GJ Gone” thread I feel are a more accurate reflection, and we need to guard against turning the fans against our own players. If we get a proven goalscorer in before the end of August, our team will win games:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Robin wrote:I thought the midfield were vastly improved today vs what I saw against Crawley Thomas had a solid if unspectacular game and put his foot on the ball well.
Yes, Thomas calm in the middle. Nigel bossed it at times, tackling and driving on. Broom was good to watch, beating men and always looking to go forward. Their left side player was lucky to avoid a red card for his fouls - the only way to stop our pacemen. Maddox in and out of the game but they couldn’t handle him when he found space. A few neat balls in and around the box didn’t quite work out. That will come as the front two get up to speed (of both movement and thought).

Such a pleasure to watch compared to the sideways pass and hoof of last season.