Only one joke here

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Southstander
Good Evening all,
Just stumbled upon your forum after being told about your FGR obsession, and guess what.....it’s true.
Most of your fans are currently doing the Johnson hokey cokey and the largest recent thread is about our kit supplier!!!
Dear oh dear what a sorry lot you are
ctfc-fan
At least our forum isn’t a dictatorship and we can say what we want!

Also glad we’re not cheating FPP rules and making people redundant in order to fund some shitty park club on a lonely little hill in what was once the drug capital of the uk.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
How is Winchester enjoying the house and car Vince gave him as a sweetener? I imagine it is a lot more comfortable than that of the 800 Gloucestershire brothers and sisters who were made redundant to fund the unsustainable excess and classless guachery at TNL.
Lord Elpuz
Southstander wrote:Good Evening all,
Just stumbled upon your forum after being told about your FGR obsession, and guess what.....it’s true.
Most of your fans are currently doing the Johnson hokey cokey and the largest recent thread is about our kit supplier!!!
I must congratulate you on your embryonic research and analysis skills. Quite obviously a long way to go though. How about I give you a research topic for a thesis which would enrich your skills to the level that would enable you to make some reasoned and intellectual conclusions, thus transforming your potential to the level that would give you some credibility?

Well, here is your topic: “The rise and fall of Rushden and Diamonds Football Club, taking in their aspiration to firstly become a Football League Club, then gaining promotion to League 1 and beyond, followed by the sudden and total collapse when their financial backer pulled out.”

Now, run along young fellow me lad, and get busy on something that will give you a glimpse into your very near future.
Southstander
Researched Rushden & Diamonds and it seems you are indeed right, they were indeed a former professional football team who did fold after their benefactor pulled out, I do bow down to your superior football knowledge, lucky that won’t be happening here
Sprout Picker
Southstander wrote:Researched Rushden & Diamonds and it seems you are indeed right, they were indeed a former professional football team who did fold after their benefactor pulled out, I do bow down to your superior football knowledge, lucky that won’t be happening here
Rushden's fans thought that too.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Southstander wrote:Researched Rushden & Diamonds and it seems you are indeed right, they were indeed a former professional football team who did fold after their benefactor pulled out, I do bow down to your superior football knowledge, lucky that won’t be happening here
Keep believing that. Anymore redundancies planned to pay for more inflated signing on fees and wages in January? Dale Vince, one of the biggest donors to the Labour Party, firing hundreds of hard working employees to fund a few overpaid blokes at a loss making business....not going to look good during the next election campaign is it!
Southstander
ctfc-fan wrote:At least our forum isn’t a dictatorship and we can say what we want!

Also glad we’re not cheating FPP rules and making people redundant in order to fund some shitty park club on a lonely little hill in what was once the drug capital of the uk.
That ‘shitty park club’ beat you in their most recent meeting and currently sit way above you with every chance the 5 point gap will only grow
ctfc-fan
Southstander wrote:
ctfc-fan wrote:At least our forum isn’t a dictatorship and we can say what we want!

That ‘shitty park club’ beat you in their most recent meeting and currently sit way above you with every chance the 5 point gap will only grow
Yadda yadda.

Didn’t comment on the other truths though did you?
Ralph

Researched Rushden and Diamonds? :lol: How old are you if you had to do that? 10? Probably are about 10 if you are in the South Stand. DV don't like you does he. You banned yet? :lol:
King giraffe iii
Lord Elpuz wrote:
Southstander wrote:Good Evening all,
I must congratulate you on your embryonic research and analysis skills. Quite obviously a long way to go though. How about I give you a research topic for a thesis which would enrich your skills to the level that would enable you to make some reasoned and intellectual conclusions, thus transforming your potential to the level that would give you some credibility?

Well, here is your topic: “The rise and fall of Rushden and Diamonds Football Club, taking in their aspiration to firstly become a Football League Club, then gaining promotion to League 1 and beyond, followed by the sudden and total collapse when their financial backer pulled out.”

Now, run along young fellow me lad, and get busy on something that will give you a glimpse into your very near future.
But herein lies the problem. I went to Bury and recognised two people from the FGR contingent. That was all. Rushden & Diamonds mean nothing to them, they've probably never heard of them. I go to speedway more now than I do to FGR matches.
Southstander
Ralph wrote:

Researched Rushden and Diamonds? :lol: How old are you if you had to do that? 10? Probably are about 10 if you are in the South Stand. DV don't like you does he. You banned yet? :lol:
No I’m not 10, it was sarcasm and no I’m not banned
vickeryc
Why are any of you bothering to waste your energy getting wound up by this Southstander t*sser?
Ralph
Southstander wrote:
Ralph wrote:

No I’m not 10, it was sarcasm and no I’m not banned
Well if you don't know about the Annies you can't be much older :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Southstander wrote:

You could be three leagues above us for all I care; the shitty nature of FGR is what happens off the pitch.

Discriminating against disabled away fans, losing millions to get promoted and subsidising it with 800 job losses, arrogant and cringeworthy statements in the paper and stars on the shirt, changing the club colours and identity, plans to change the club to a new franchise on the edge of the M5, invented history with the Ecotricity idols in the club badge and Green Devils nickname, making people give their personal address and number to join the forum, the list of shittiness is ever lengthening.

As a football club - completely shitty. As gimmicky vanity project for Vince, perfectly harmless and successful - at least until the redundancies at Ecotricity which are not harmless, and also the disappointment amongst the new fans of the new franchise when Vince is bored of his folly and turns off the money tap.
Southstander
Oh dear, you are really going to love AFC Fylde, Salford, Billericay, Harrogate etc in the next few seasons
Si Robin
All do have big hopes of making the Football League, so you may be onto something.

I wonder if they'll take as long as FGR to get promoted? How many years and millions did it take Dale to get them up?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Southstander wrote:Oh dear, you are really going to love AFC Fylde, Salford, Billericay, Harrogate etc in the next few seasons
Are they known for providing no seats for those unable to stand, having two grey stars on their shirt as symbols of future success, or relying on sacking 800 local staff to balance the books?
Southstander
Fylde have stuff on their shirts, yes and Gary Neville has sacked staff after business projects failed, no idea about away facilities, sorry
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Southstander wrote:Fylde have stuff on their shirts, yes and Gary Neville has sacked staff after business projects failed, no idea about away facilities, sorry
Just stuff? Or arrogant wankery like the stars?
Si Robin
Fylde have 2022 on their sleeve - this is the date they have planned to be in the Football League I believe.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:Fylde have 2022 on their sleeve - this is the date they have planned to be in the Football League I believe.
What a bunch of knobs.
Andy
So this guy comes in fishing and how many of you has he caught.

Just ignore it all otherwise they are right and this forum is slowly turning into an FGR discussion board and nothing CTFC - we have our own issues to discuss so don’t give FGR the time of day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
asl
I approved the first post just to show that we have an open forum that is not heavily moderated to Orwellian levels.

Also, I agree with the OP: there is far too much ridiculous discussion on The Nest regarding FGR. So much time and energy spent pointing and laughing that some seem to forget that they're ahead of us in the table (as is everyone) and they have ALL the bragging rights for matches between us in the past few seasons. FFS - why do people concern themselves so much with their affairs???
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Andy wrote:So this guy comes in fishing and how many of you has he caught.

Just ignore it all otherwise they are right and this forum is slowly turning into an FGR discussion board and nothing CTFC - we have our own issues to discuss so don’t give FGR the time of day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I know he is fishing; but I can’t turn down an oppo to tell someone they are stupid and mock them.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:I approved the first post just to show that we have an open forum that is not heavily moderated to Orwellian levels.

Also, I agree with the OP: there is far too much ridiculous discussion on The Nest regarding FGR. So much time and energy spent pointing and laughing that some seem to forget that they're ahead of us in the table (as is everyone) and they have ALL the bragging rights for matches between us in the past few seasons. FFS - why do people concern themselves so much with their affairs???
Because it is a bad advertisement for Gloucestershire and brings the County into disrepute. We may expect their antics and turn a blind eye if they were from elsewhere, but not when they are dragging us through the mud.
Southstander
A bad advertisement for Gloucestershire- what is this, the Gloucestershire tourist board forum. Nobody else cares what either of us do , and only one club cares what FGR do, namely you lot
Lord Elpuz
Southstander wrote:A bad advertisement for Gloucestershire- what is this, the Gloucestershire tourist board forum. Nobody else cares what either of us do , and only one club cares what FGR do, namely you lot
Sadly for you guys that’s not true at all. FGR are one of a very small number of despised clubs in the Football League (and even the National League). Some FGR fans thought the tacky stars were a great publicity stunt, but in reality all non-FGR and even some of your own fans thought it was pathetic, and you can get a feel for what other fans up and down the country think of you, just by doing some simple research.

Take a look at this: https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/s ... st-1798404" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It’s a fact that Cheltenham fans used to come and watch FGR when they couldn’t make away games elsewhere in the Country, or when it was a cup round where CTFC were no longer involved, because there was a genuine affinity and warmth for our neighbours - but not any more. Not since they became a joke Club under the direction of your owner. I don’t know of one CTFC fan who now goes to watch FGR other than when it’s a scheduled game between the two clubs.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Southstander wrote:A bad advertisement for Gloucestershire- what is this, the Gloucestershire tourist board forum. Nobody else cares what either of us do , and only one club cares what FGR do, namely you lot
Plenty of fans who have been discriminated against at TNL care, and the amount of vitriol and mockery from football fans from around the country on social media suggests many care.

It is painful for any proud child of Gloucestershire to see such dislike and disquiet directed to one of our County’s most successful businesses and sporting sides.

FGR should be a cause for the whole county to celebrate. Instead, it is ghastly pantomime to be ashamed of.