Tonights performance at Macc

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

shevates
The old cliche of a game of two halves was clearly evident tonight. Our first halve performance was shocking and if it wasnt for Scott Flinders we would of been dead and buried. Then low and behold as in the previous three league games the substitutions made the difference.

Off went Attangana to be replaced by Maddocks in the middle that gave us creativity he was excellent spraying balls wide to addai who was excellent through out, and also Broom on the right. The introduction of hussey down the left hand side made a difference, a class player. The two up front lala and Duku got service from Maddocks and they looked good. But it was Scotts pen save that kept us in the game and gave us a boost. The 117 fans that travelled got behind the team all the time. The team that finished has to start at Cambridge, we looked excellent going forward.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Let’s hope the next Manager makes such effective substitutions which change the game so much.

(Behind the team all the time apart from all the time they were signing Johnson Out during the second half)
shevates
They were behind the team thats what counted. The thing is it wasnt just a few disgruntled voices, here and there chanting. Many older people were saying at HT enough is enough.
Del Boy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Let’s hope the next Manager makes such effective substitutions which change the game so much.

(Behind the team all the time apart from all the time they were signing Johnson Out during the second half)
Let's hope the next Manager gets it right from the start rather than getting it sort of right when we're already losing.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Del Boy wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Let’s hope the next Manager makes such effective substitutions which change the game so much.

Let's hope the next Manager gets it right from the start rather than getting it sort of right when we're already losing.
Would be good. Then we can do away with subs and have a smaller squad. Always sad to see managers, even in World Cup finals, resorting to substitutions.
Red Duke
So history repeats itself for me. I was at Hartlepool and Macclesfield games after which the Manager has lost his job. It was almost a repeat of Tranmere, woeful first half, Flinders keeping us in the game with an improvemnet in the second half.

IF Macc had a decent striker, they would have been out of sight by half time. Odd thing at half time, players came out early and appeared to be having a team talk on the pitch. GJ did not appear at the start of the second half. It led to speculation that he had already been sacked. I was puzzled why Hussey came on after about 5 mins into second half. If you are going to do it, why not at half time?

The energy that Hussey brought to the team was phenomenal. Suddenly we looked threatening. As Shevates says the substitutions made all the difference.

In essence there is not much wrong with the team that if it had a threat up front, would rapidly climb the table.
Robin
That's how I feel with a couple of decent strikers and consistent manager we can finish top half this year.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:So history repeats itself for me. I was at Hartlepool and Macclesfield games after which the Manager has lost his job. It was almost a repeat of Tranmere, woeful first half, Flinders keeping us in the game with an improvemnet in the second half.

IF Macc had a decent striker, they would have been out of sight by half time. Odd thing at half time, players came out early and appeared to be having a team talk on the pitch. GJ did not appear at the start of the second half. It led to speculation that he had already been sacked. I was puzzled why Hussey came on after about 5 mins into second half. If you are going to do it, why not at half time?

The energy that Hussey brought to the team was phenomenal. Suddenly we looked threatening. As Shevates says the substitutions made all the difference.

In essence there is not much wrong with the team that if it had a threat up front, would rapidly climb the table.
Hussey missing the first three games of course - demonstrating why it was premature to judge the squad!
Shade
Hussey and Duku made a huge difference, and Addai and Kalala on the wings added pace and the ability to beat a man on both sides. Maddox and Thomas did well in the middle. I wonder if Atangana's passing and overall not-as-good-as-last-season start will suddenly improve now.
little mo
I thought Hussey was class, big,strong and quick. Duku made a big difference as well, got a feeling he will get quite a few goals.