Adam McGurk

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

I-Love-CTFC
Former Burton Albion and Pompey forward set to join on trial tomorrow.
Robin
Panic alarm being sounded it seems, we are scrapping the barrel now as he's been fired out by three clubs in quick succession including relegation favourites Morecambe. No harm in trialing him I guess but I believe we can get much better than this.
I-Love-CTFC
Looked a good player in his Burton Albion days but he's had a lot of injuries since then. Always thought he was more of a winger than a striker, his goalscoring record suggests that.
Robin
I believe that's the problem he had a decent stint at Burton but has been a failure everywhere else. Pompey bought him from Burton and he ended up being forced to play with the kids before Cambridge paid a fee for him. He didn't even last a year there before being released from his contract half way through, Morecambe then signed him last year and again they chose to release him this summer.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good to know sacking Gary has solved the problem of not being able to find a quality experienced striker. And there I was thinking it was easy, nothing to do with what is available and what we can attract and that Gary was doing it deliberately.
Artemis
^^^this
Artemis
Yup, and now that Gary's gone, why haven't we signed Agbonlahor?
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Good to know sacking Gary has solved the problem of not being able to find a quality experienced striker. And there I was thinking it was easy, nothing to do with what is available and what we can attract and that Gary was doing it deliberately.
What everhappened to getting behind the club? You take the biscuit
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Good to know sacking Gary has solved the problem of not being able to find a quality experienced striker. And there I was thinking it was easy, nothing to do with what is available and what we can attract and that Gary was doing it deliberately.
What everhappened to getting behind the club? You take the biscuit
As per other thread, my plea to unite behind the club came after the impressive interview with AW and written statement from the Board. For whatever reason, those words were either insincere or the Board were too weak to live up to them.

Maybe I was too quick to judge based on words alone. Maybe actions in the coming week will live up to the words. But at the moment the actions are speaking louder as the idiom suggests.
kiaora84
I am a GJ fan. The 12 year olds chanting for his head was so cringeworthy.

However, he needed to go but unless the replacement has been agreed it’s strange timing. I have it on good authority he nearly went in the summer but a deal for McCann couldn’t be done in a time the board were comfortable with. Same source that told me about the McAlindon and Graham deals as I have eluded to on here. Won’t publicly share my sources obviously, but I’ll happy to share/converse more heard info privately