Eisa deal done

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Confirmed: http://bit.ly/EisaDealDone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Ihearye
Jon Palmer wrote:Confirmed: http://bit.ly/EisaDealDone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
????? not altogether sure how this sits with the £1.5m price tag. Reads like £1m will the possibility of a further £0.5m
horlickfanclub
He wants it. The club accepted it.Good enough for me. Good luck to him.
Robin
You never know with these things but apparently we have a 20% sell on clause in the deal which could be huge if he does the business.
Ihearye
horlickfanclub wrote:He wants it. The club accepted it.Good enough for me. Good luck to him.
That answers my question then
Malabus
One million. We have been robbed again.
paperboy
....and Mo says....

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/eisa-vow-after-city-move/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Pretty standard fare.

Wish him all the best.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
All the best Mo. You earned it.
Shade
Good luck, thanks and well done, Mo. Shame it was only a season and we didn't have the defence we will have this season, last season, otherwise we might have ended up in the play-offs or better. No matter what happens from here, he's got the single season goal record and transfer fee for Cheltenham, and I don't think either will be beaten for quite a while.
Last edited by Shade on 23 Jul 2018, 14:12, edited 1 time in total.
little mo
Malabus wrote:One million. We have been robbed again.
I wish him all the best but I can't help thinking you are right Mal.
Shade
Not if that 20% sell on is true and a mid-lower Prem team snap him up for £10m next summer.
Malabus
Shade wrote:Not if that 20% sell on is true and a mid-lower Prem team snap him up for £10m next summer.
20% isn’t guaranteed.
Always see the money, first rule of business.
This is worse than the Michael Duff debacle.
Horrified by today’s news.
asl
There could be a promotion bonus or an appearance bonus, etc, that could trigger more of that 'potential' £500k. The sell-on clause could be on top of that.

Funnily enough, I've not seen the contract so I'll not bother claiming that I know.
Nesty
Ok now we have two strikers, one a kid, the other injury prone. Before Mo went we needed at least 2 . Now we need 3
Ihearye
Shade wrote:Not if that 20% sell on is true and a mid-lower Prem team snap him up for £10m next summer.
Sell on fee is a bonus on top of the transfer fee. This sounds like a Mrs May class on how to negotiate! So the line should have been he is worth a million and if he makes the grade we may get more. Would be interesting to hear what terms the other turned down million offers were
Shade
Wow, the argumentative brigade must be getting even more hot and bothered by the weather.

We've, apparently, got £1m. We'll, apparently, get another £500k somewhere down the line that nobody knows when and what for so it's pointless to comment (could be 15 goals, could be 40 appearances). We will, apparently, get 20% of a transfer fee if and when Mo is sold again. All in all, it's a deal worth up to £1.5m with a 20% sell on that could net us, realistically, up to a max of £2m more. Or we could have held out for the full £1.5m now and had that 20% reduced down to 5% and picked up another £500k. This is a good deal. Put your toys away.
Si Robin
Where is the quote that we wouldn't sell for less than £1.5m? Does anyone have a copy of it.

As far as I'm concerned, £1m upfront with £500k in bonuses is a good deal for a player who has had one good season in the Football League. If we get the bonuses it is nearly 4 times our record sale. That in itself is remarkable.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Si Robin wrote:Where is the quote that we wouldn't sell for less than £1.5m? Does anyone have a copy of it.

As far as I'm concerned, £1m upfront with £500k in bonuses is a good deal for a player who has had one good season in the Football League. If we get the bonuses it is nearly 4 times our record sale. That in itself is remarkable.
Apart from my repeating of it hundreds of times on here and on Twitter to Sunderland, Pompey and Leeds fans there was no quote aside from JP saying “believe it to be...” style stuff on Twitter. So I am semi-seriously claiming credit for that narrative becoming received wisdom.
Ihearye
Yep a great deal, our valuation is 1.5 but we take a 33% hit and let him go for 1.0. Add ons are part of any transfer and are just that, add ons, not part of the valuation! To borrow an analogy from RCS, that's like an estate agent coming round and valuing your house at 1.5. Then coming back to tell you he has had a great offer at 1.0. AND if they look after the house well and if they find someone else prepared to pay them what they want in the future. They may just make the whole deal worth 1.5. Ok so you may be dead and gone by that time, but hey its a great deal. Oh did I tell you its my son that's buying the house????
Ihearye
So shade what you are saying is that you know no details about the deal, but you have enough knowledge of it to proclaim it a good deal.
Stay out of the sun and in the shade
Malabus
The kid is worth something over two million sterling....Lee Johnson is laughing at his Father tonight.
Horteng
Does seem like we’ve succumbed to a low offer. I thought we were holding out for £1.5 mill + add ons not 1 mill + add ons

Gary has certainly done Lee a favour here at CTFC expense it would appear
Si Robin
So - to be clear then - no-one knows anything other than what's been reported by JP, no-one knows if it's a good or bad deal and despite the figure of £1.5m appearing from somewhere (I do vaguely remember an interview with either GJ or PB) no-one knows if this was meant to be a starting price or total price we were aiming for.....

Still, we must have been ripped off because Johnson has sold to his son and that is definitely dodgy.....or so some would have you believe.
horlickfanclub
I trust the Manager and Boards judgment on this. I might have a go about formations and selection but when it comes to transfers I am sure Gary Johnson has done the best deal for both player and club. I am looking forward to the new season and our new strikers.
CTFC03
It is great business for the club, we had to sell, if he hadn't done the business or got injured we would have been wishing that we sold him, it was a gamble too risky to take and instead we've got one million pounds and maybe more out of it, I just hope we get replacement strikers in, we need at least two and a creative player if we want to finish in the top 7, the club cant afford ANOTHER bad season imo for a while so we need to get those experienced heads in.
chelters
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/rokerrep ... hamed-eisa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
2.25m according to this?! Seems everyone is guessing.
Ralph
Ihearye wrote:So shade what you are saying is that you know no details about the deal, but you have enough knowledge of it to proclaim it a good deal.
And you have zero knowledge too.. Practice what you preach..

Personally, i'm with Shade on this
Lord Elpuz
Ihearye wrote:Yep a great deal, our valuation is 1.5 but we take a 33% hit and let him go for 1.0. Add ons are part of any transfer and are just that, add ons, not part of the valuation! To borrow an analogy from RCS, that's like an estate agent coming round and valuing your house at 1.5. Then coming back to tell you he has had a great offer at 1.0. AND if they look after the house well and if they find someone else prepared to pay them what they want in the future. They may just make the whole deal worth 1.5. Ok so you may be dead and gone by that time, but hey its a great deal. Oh did I tell you its my son that's buying the house????
A player, or a house, is only worth what someone else is prepared to pay.

Some on this Forum were advocating Mo be kept at CTFC for another year, in the belief he would have another super-season and more clubs would be chasing him for even more money either in January or at the end of 2018/19 season. That would have been a risky strategy as he’s now known in League 2 and teams that came to Whaddon Road last season were able, in the main, to nullify his goal threat, so there was a likelihood that could happen away from home this coming season and his value would then have been affected. Championship opponenents will underestimate him as he’s not known to them/unproven at that level.

The CTFC Board would have considered all the bids; the Club had already turned down bids from at least 3 Clubs, none higher than League 1. Other clubs had ample opportunity to make an offer.

Holding out for an improved offer would seriously have curtailed CTFC’s chances of obtaining a replacement striker, as well as filling the other vacant slots. There were no apparent higher placed clubs than Bristol City making a firm offer. The offer appears to be a very good offer, meeting at least CTFCs minimum demands, and, if the sell on clause is in the region of 20% as alleged, that could provide a substantial windfall in the future - as Mo will have every opportunity to progress by training and playing with Championship quality players. If he doesn’t make the cut, then the £1M or so that we have already secured is indeed a great bit of business.

I don’t think it’s helpful to accuse the Johnson’s of stitching CTFC up. I really do not believe that to be the case at all, and in time, Mo’s development and sale by CTFC will, I feel certain, prove to be very shrewd business, the likes of which we have never seen before at “little old Cheltenham”. Sunderland, Peterborough and Portsmouth found out that we were not so little after all, and we were able to hold out for a better offer.

I wish Mo all the success he richly deserves and thank him and the Johnson’s for providing this huge cash injection that has the potential to transform our Club.
Del Boy
The reaction amuses me a little. We had the "Gary won't let him go for less than £1.5m" from the manager's fan club. Turns out he has.
Then we have Robin saying there's a 20 per cent sell-on clause and suddenly it's become fact.
As usual no one on here knows the details.

It was great having Eisa for a season. I think the manager should count his lucky stars he did because without him we would have gone down. Doesn't say a lot for the rest of his signings.

If he fails to sign a decent striker we're in for another season of struggle. But the same people will be on to shout down anyone with any concerns because Johnson is the best we could ever hope for. I hope I'm wrong but recent history tells us we should concentrate on staying up not pie-in-the-sky play-off talk.
Ihearye
Ralph wrote:
Ihearye wrote:So shade what you are saying is that you know no details about the deal, but you have enough knowledge of it to proclaim it a good deal.

not sure I have said it is a good deal or a bad deal. I am merely saying that the CLUB has told us THEIR valuation is £1.5m. THAT is the knowledge I have. Therefore questioning why we have accepted an offer 33% below what THEY valued him at. The consensus on here was that if we did not get the asking price, he should be kept until we did.
Of course it could be that those in the club who put a figure out there, don't actually know as much about the transfer market as they profess to. Just because you accept the highest offer (if it was), does not mean we have done a good deal.

you seem to have changed your mind since last week when it was "Correct.. If they don't meet what we value him at, lets keep him".
Robin
I hope that Sunderland report is correct and the deal is worth £2.25 million but I suspect that's with sell-on, promotion, and all the works included.
Ralph
Ihearye wrote:
Ralph wrote:

not sure I have said it is a good deal or a bad deal. I am merely saying that the CLUB has told us THEIR valuation is £1.5m. THAT is the knowledge I have. Therefore questioning why we have accepted an offer 33% below what THEY valued him at. The consensus on here was that if we did not get the asking price, he should be kept until we did.
Of course it could be that those in the club who put a figure out there, don't actually know as much about the transfer market as they profess to. Just because you accept the highest offer (if it was), does not mean we have done a good deal.

you seem to have changed your mind since last week when it was "Correct.. If they don't meet what we value him at, lets keep him".
No one knows what the deal was unless they saw the official paperwork, it's all just speculation. I would have been happy to keep him but i am also happy that he's at BC. We've done ok out of this both now and in the future
THECHOIRBOY
And in other news Jerrell Sellars has signed for Ostersunds who played arsenal this year in Europe!
everyman
Jon Palmer wrote:Confirmed: http://bit.ly/EisaDealDone" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NEPOTISM !
Andy
I guess I called it the other week:
Andy wrote:We all know exactly what Mo will be sold for, IF he goes.

It’ll be: £ undisclosed.

So everyone will then be quoting their “source” and we will have wide variations from £30k plus a friendly to £0.75m plus 50% sell on through to £4m+ and clauses that if he sneezes we get an extra £100k, when he farts it’ll rise to £250k etc.
I mean already people are speculating the addition of a sell on clause of 20% following Robins post (I mean we all know what Robins figures are like in previous years - LOL). There has been no official mention of it or any parts of the deal.

The only figures we have are those in JPs report.

I hope we do have a sell on but whatever deal we got, it’s the best CTFC have had in its history for a player and we all should just wish Eisa well and move on and not use this to have further digs at GJ and the board etc.

Player gone. Get new strikers in now and move on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk