trimming the squad

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
looking at the appearances so far on http://www.soccerbase.com/teams/team.sd ... Tabs=stats
it is not clear who the candidates are for being shipped out. It is clear some have to go it is not cost effective to have 28 players on the payroll and it is justification for GJ's exit that some could be signings made this summer as most of the squad left from last season have been virtually ever presents.

MD has said its a clean slate / blank canvas, so who do you think are for the chop? When does the NL window shut ?
Shade
I'd like to maybe think that if the likes of Addai and Kalala aren't going to be first teamers that they might go to a NL team to get fitness levels up or to bridge that gap between the levels they've been playing at and ours, but that it's made clear to them that they have a future here because I'm absolutely sure they will make it.
Robin
George Lloyd, Josh Debayo, Tom Smith the most obvious to go out and gain experience I would say. I would imagine we would be looking to off load McAlindon permanently also.

Kalala and Addei only on contracts until January and both look like they have decent potential so I'd rather keep both of them in or around our squad.
Shade
I can't see us getting rid of McAlindEn. I think he was suffering a little from coming in at the last minute and then playing about 3 different positions during each match. There's got to be more from him and the new manager has got to give him a chance.
Robin
He's probably the last choice forward right now though. That said, he was a regular for Exeter last season who made the play off.s
plymrob
Robin has spoken. Shameful.