Brentford v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this evening: http://bit.ly/BrentfordA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
I feel as though we're going to get a hammering tonight. No idea why...
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:I feel as though we're going to get a hammering tonight. No idea why...
I was feeling the opposite, and a repeat of Norwich away!

Just blind optimism I think! COYR
Nesty
Where is Kalala?
Shade
Baldwin and Debayo...remember 7 minutes ago when I said I felt as though we're going to get stuffed?
4-5-1 with Lloyd on the wing.

Won't someone please tell us what's happened to Kalala? I really hope he hasn't been let go or had a big falling out with Russ.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Fitness I assume the issue for Kalala.

Or the Home Office decided his papers weren’t correct.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Baldwin and Debayo...remember 7 minutes ago when I said I felt as though we're going to get stuffed?
4-5-1 with Lloyd on the wing.

Won't someone please tell us what's happened to Kalala? I really hope he hasn't been let go or had a big falling out with Russ.
Ah, my optimism subsiding!

Hussey / Forster can’t do too much too soon I guess after their long injuries. Need Long back ASAP.
Robin
Radio suggesting that Keith Millen (former Bristol City and Crystal Palace) and MK Franchise manager, is sat with the directors watching us today. Another one I'd prefer we steer clear of unless he comes in as assistant.
East End Robin
Surprised Kalala hasn't even been in the squad for Saturday and tonight. Tom Smith too. Any definite word on them?

Would like to see Lloyd up front at some point in all honesty, maybe if we need to change it go 442 with Dawson on the right, Tozer and Thomas CM and Lloyd with Duku up top?
CTFC03
A bit annoying to see Hussey and Forster on the bench instead of Debayo and Baldwin and Jones on the bench too, at least we haven't been thrashed yet.
asl
Milton out.
Artemis
Yeah, no reason we can't beat a championship side. Other L2 teams do. Rubbish. Milton out....
Johnsons Red Army
asl wrote:Milton out.
:lol:
Benctfc
Sounds like we held our own but never really threatened going forward. We all know defensively we have a team capable of competing near the top of L2 but going forward we are massively down on the quality needed. Hopefully these last couple of players we bring in will help give us a bit more quality up front.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
asl wrote:Milton out.
No shots on target. I’d sack him in the McDonald’s at Oxford Roundabout.
shevates
We were outclassed in all departments apart from Flinders. Brentford were a joy to watch very pleasing to the eye with there slick inter passing. We battled and never gave up they gave there all. Debayo had a mare there winger turned him inside out. It was a shame we lost to a real goal mouth scramble.
little mo
Robin wrote:Radio suggesting that Keith Millen (former Bristol City and Crystal Palace) and MK Franchise manager, is sat with the directors watching us today. Another one I'd prefer we steer clear of unless he comes in as assistant.
81 games as a manager, win ratio 33%. Remind me what GJ's was, not much different I don't think.
kora
Why does Debayo fall over every 2 minutes, everyone else kept their feet so it couldn't have been the pitch. I've been sympathetic to him until last night but that was shocking. I reckon Gary brought in Mullins and Hussey with real quality another 2 or 3 good enough for squad players and 6 or 7 we are stuck with on 2 year contracts who are nowhere near up to the required standard.
Robin
Out of interest who are those 6-7 then Kora? For me McAlindon was such an odd signing especially on a two year deal.
Alf
Surely this was a game for Russ to try a few ideas of his own. I doubt his opinions counted for much during the pre season games and our chances of beating Brentford would have been limited even with our best X1 out. He is still in the process of putting a team together and our priority should be three points on Saturday. I’m sure there are others who think differently and there were probably better players on the bench whom he didn’t want to risk but he didn’t have the luxury of being in charge for the pre season games.
THECHOIRBOY
Win Vs Brentford and lose on Saturday and I doubt his "stock" rises much.

Lose against Brentford and win on Saturday and his stock level does rise and if backed up by a good performance, I think he would be in the running for the job.

So you can see why he rested a few and gave opportunities to fringe players. Everyone on here has been harping on about Lloyd to be given a chance etc. I didn't go but it sounded like we were organised and pressed from the front which may well be how he wants to play.