A players view.

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

horlickfanclub
"“That’s football, isn’t it?” Forster said of the departure of the man who signed him last summer. “The end of last season had a part to play in the manager’s exit because we didn’t finish last season too well. I think the manager was under pressure from the start of the season and then we lost a couple of games. Football’s a cruel world. It’s the same for players. If you’re not playing well, you’re dropped or released. I send the manager my best regards but we just need to get on with it. Russ has been brilliant over the last few days – the boys have really taken to him. As players, we don’t know what’s going to happen. Whether Russ becomes the manager remains to be seen, but the boys are fully behind him. “People say we’ve had a rocky start, but if we win on Saturday it takes us right up the league. Anyone can beat anyone in this league, but, when you’re playing Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday, two or three wins in the space of a week can take you ten places up the table. As a club, we should be looking to get into the play-offs.”

Read more at: https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/ ... -1-4791630" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Lord Elpuz
Superb perspective. Well said Jordan Forster. Nice to hear that Russ Milton has full support too, and if we do win on Saturday, we can start looking forward to the season again.
Ihearye
This honest pragmatic view should come to a shock to nobody and helps put things in perspective. Also hits on the head the old ' But they only came because of GJ' we are all doomed
Artemis
Even if we lose, but play well, then we can look forward to the rest of the season. We don't concede many, so just a couple of goals should be sufficient to get a win. Unlike last season when you didn't really know how many would be needed. But almost always more than 2.