Football League striker to join on loan today

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
According to JP on Twitter this morning.

Could it be Mo?
ctfc-fan
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:According to JP on Twitter this morning.

Could it be Mo?
Yes let’s sign an injured player...!
little mo

Could it be Mo?
You are joking I take it.
Benctfc
Funny how suddenly we are managing to find all these players but under the previous manager there wasn't any available. Shame once again we are having to make last minute signings but we can all see we need another striker. I wonder if we might try and loan out Lloyd or Kalala as with them and McAlinden it's hard to see them all getting much game time.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
ctfc-fan wrote:

Could it be Mo?
Yes let’s sign an injured player...!
Ha good point!
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Benctfc wrote:Funny how suddenly we are managing to find all these players but under the previous manager there wasn't any available. Shame once again we are having to make last minute signings but we can all see we need another striker. I wonder if we might try and loan out Lloyd or Kalala as with them and McAlinden it's hard to see them all getting much game time.
Johnson did say post-Macc that two were close to signing and has said repeatedly that most business happens and options available towards the end of the window. No evidence that signings this week aren’t just finalising discussions and agreements Gary was already progressing.
Robin
I really hope there is a strategy to all these signings and that they are not panic buys. What I mean by that is they need to be coming in with a view to permanent signings and players who can improve the team not just signing players for the sake of it as our squad is getting big now.
paperboy
….as GJ had said several times things tend to happen late and so I'm not thinking it is panic signings or magical work by Russ.

We're just further down the food chain and have to wait on clubs deciding who is currently surplus to them.
In the same way there are lower league clubs waiting to see if they can have the likes of Lloyd, Smith, McAlinden and Kalala.
Artemis
Exactly paperboy, exactly.
horlickfanclub
Can we get a big enough shirt for Akinfenwa?
Robin
Akinfenwa would be a dream signing, we can hope but I am not convinced it's him.
THECHOIRBOY
According to JP a striker who has been sold for in excess of £1 million before and has scored against us, and played in Championship....
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
THECHOIRBOY wrote:According to JP a striker who has been sold for in excess of £1 million before and has scored against us, and played in Championship....
Got John Stead written all over it.
kiaora84
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
THECHOIRBOY wrote:According to JP a striker who has been sold for in excess of £1 million before and has scored against us, and played in Championship....
Saw on twitter somebody say it’s definitely not Stead. He’s in the running for the County job apparently.

Assuming they are right...possibly Brett Pitman?
everyman
kiaora84 wrote:
Saw on twitter somebody say it’s definitely not Stead. He’s in the running for the County job apparently.

Assuming they are right...possibly Brett Pitman?
Yes please !
Robin
We are not getting Brett Pitman, he's first choice at Pompey.
Round Robin
Apparently it’s Bryant May .

Excellent long striker who can be hot in and out of the box .
kiaora84
Robin wrote:We are not getting Brett Pitman, he's first choice at Pompey.
A long shot I admit. My reasoning is that according to my Pompey mates they are signing someone from Villa and he will be available.
Ihearye
Round Robin wrote:Apparently it’s Bryant May .

Excellent long striker who can be hot in and out of the box .
??? Hopefully not too hot in the box!!!
shevates
No its not Stead
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Barnett; 1 goal in 25 appearances for Port Vale. A stat which would usually provoke derision on this forum and the terraces.

Was awesome in that season where Crawley beat us to promotion. I recall being in a hotel in Copenhagen following the game at their place in February 2012. He scored twice in a 4-2 home win to see them overtake us at the top. His initial loan to Peterborough came later that month.

Hopefully he can recapture that form!
Shade
2 goals in 28 and missed the rest of the games through injury...at 32 he's well past his best. Reminds me a little bit of the Shaun Harrad signing, if it is him, signing a striker that has terrorised us in the past and used to be really good but is nowhere near his best anymore.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Barnett; 1 goal in 25 appearances for Port Vale. A stat which would usually provoke derision on this forum and the terraces.

Was awesome in that season where Crawley beat us to promotion. I recall being in a hotel in Copenhagen following the game at their place in February 2012. He scored twice in a 4-2 home win to see them overtake us at the top. His initial loan to Peterborough came later that month.

Seems while you were in your hotel, I was suffering from hypothermia !
asl
THECHOIRBOY wrote:According to JP a striker who has been sold for in excess of £1 million before
So had Nicky Marker.
kags
Like Milton's previous reign we are signing players who were decent about 5 years ago and over the hill.
Robin
Feels that way Kags, players who have experience and well past their best, the sooner we have a permanent manager the better as club is in limbo right now.
horlickfanclub
Are Jones and Clements over the hill ?
Shade
Well he would tick the experienced box that so many have been crying out for.
kags
horlickfanclub wrote:Are Jones and Clements over the hill ?
Jones the exception true and been impressed, Clements the jury's out I guess but been around league 2/conference and without a club so could be solid enough. Sounds like Port Vale fans can't wait to get rid of Barnett and barely scored in 3 years.

Not sure about the idea of the chairman's about kicking on in this league, we either have the money/nouse to bring a decent manager/players in or we don't. Not going to happen this season as it stands. Fans hopes raised by JP and MH on twitter won't help either with 1mil figures/championship mentioned .
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Barnett; 1 goal in 25 appearances for Port Vale. A stat which would usually provoke derision on this forum and the terraces.

Seems while you were in your hotel, I was suffering from hypothermia !
That’s why I was in the hotel - recovering from a day out when the canals were frozen solid and the Oresund sea had ice floating on it.
Ihearye
kags wrote:Like Milton's previous reign we are signing players who were decent about 5 years ago and over the hill.
RM says loans selection are being done by committee. Would be interesting to know, who else is having input. Internal or external ?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:
kags wrote:Like Milton's previous reign we are signing players who were decent about 5 years ago and over the hill.
RM says loans selection are being done by committee. Would be interesting to know, who else is having input. Internal or external ?
Carsley, Keith Millen, P Johnson, and anyone else reportedly spotted sitting with out Chairman.
Ihearye
Ihearye wrote:
Carsley, Keith Millen, P Johnson, and anyone else reportedly spotted sitting with out Chairman.
Must have missed the email! I have never been spotted sitting with him, yet no invitation
Shade
Assume it isn't happening, or being announced, today then with it having gone 5pm.

Anyone know what time the window closes on Friday?
THECHOIRBOY
I think I saw JP say there is a medical tomorrow and then it will be announced.