Deadline day signing number one

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
http://bit.ly/DeadlineDaySigning1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Interesting to see where Mooney appears in the pecking order.

His Dad was a perennial scourge in games against CTFC. The rogue we loved to hate and who loved to score and wind-up.

Welcome aboard!
Ihearye
If we have a midweek match, will he need a note from his parents to be out late ? :) :)
paperboy
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Interesting to see where Mooney appears in the pecking order.

His Dad was a perennial scourge in games against CTFC. The rogue we loved to hate and who loved to score and wind-up.

Welcome aboard!
My favourite recollection of Tommy was when we played at Wycombe in a play-off match.

He was warming up in front of us Robins fans and we were chanting "you fat Bas***d", then after a while he casually lifted his shirt to expose a well toned physique which was greeted with a round of applause from the fans.

Good humoured moment.
East End Robin
paperboy wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Interesting to see where Mooney appears in the pecking order.

Welcome aboard!
My favourite recollection of Tommy was when we played at Wycombe in a play-off match.

He was warming up in front of us Robins fans and we were chanting "you fat Bas***d", then after a while he casually lifted his shirt to expose a well toned physique which was greeted with a round of applause from the fans.

Good humoured moment.
I remember that game! He looked so dangerous, and I was convinced he would score. Thankfully held on!
Shade
Did he play for Cambridge circa 2004? Remember him in a kind of light blue away kit getting his head on everything and scoring as the rain lashed down.
shevates
Never played for cambridge i think. The era you mention give or take a year clubs would be swindon Wycombe Oxford, and i think Walsall
Shade
Could have been Wycombe or Oxford then, given the blue kit. Think Oxford had a blue one around then.
Robin
Didn't we try to sign Mooney once, possibly before or after Wycombe?