Connection with the town/fans

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RubyRedRobin
Good to see russ and the players walking through town and engaging with fans and non fans alike! Good PR move from the club, exactly the kinda stuff to start to rebuild interest in the club. https://twitter.com/jonpalmersport/stat ... 69888?s=21
Ihearye
Hopefully there was also a few free tickets being handed out
RubyRedRobin
Ihearye wrote:Hopefully there was also a few free tickets being handed out
I believe there were! Particularly aimed at kids.
theidlerich
.......did they walk there or did they have to shell out about half of Eisa's cash to park!
Ihearye
don't start me on that one
longmover
Jesus wept, its taken the club 19 years to do this, pathetic.

PB had no interest what so ever in this sort of thing, just think of all those possible supporters the club has missed out on because of a chairman who thinks supporters grow out of the terraces
Shade
Park? I'm amazed you can still get a car into Cheltenham

or

Park? I thought most of the still-open roads in Cheltenham were car parks?

Carry on.
Shade
longmover wrote:Jesus wept, its taken the club 19 years to do this, pathetic.

PB had no interest what so ever in this sort of thing, just think of all those possible supporters the club has missed out on because of a chairman who thinks supporters grow out of the terraces
Well just be glad they're doing it now then instead of sounding like you're outraged by it?
RubyRedRobin
theidlerich wrote:.......did they walk there or did they have to shell out about half of Eisa's cash to park!
Belived they walked, if ye read Jon Palmers twitter page they trained at Whaddon Road today and walked into town. Regardless of *how* they actually got into town it sends a positive message which I personally think should be encouraged through positivity, rather than easy nitpicking. Long term growth of the club depends of getting more fans on the terraces and this PR move will do growth no harm.
Shade
Absolutely. The FC definitely need to be more a part of the town. Sometimes it feels like the FC are the cousin that everyone ignores.
Ihearye
Is it the same symptom as the English fans who support the premier league club but ignore their country?
Jon Palmer
Gallery of photos can be seen here: http://bit.ly/CTFCWalkabout" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Shade wrote:Absolutely. The FC definitely need to be more a part of the town. Sometimes it feels like the FC are the cousin that everyone ignores.
My experience is slightly different. I have quite a few friends, family and family friends who aren’t really football fans and never watch any games but always seem to be aware and hear things about CTFC. This week I was in Chelt for a family event, and catching up with such people I hadn’t seen for ages who know I am CTFC fanatical. So the usual questions of “sacked the manager haven’t they”....or “they’re having an awful season so far I hear”.... or “still got your season ticket? Hopefully they win a few games for once then!”.

Just stuff they pick up in the pub or when putting the Echo in the recycling. Had I bothered to respond to any of them by asking if they knew who the manager was, or how long the season had been going, or what recent results had been none of them would have had a clue. But they all had a perception from somewhere that the club was doing badly.

I know a very small sample, but still concerning.
Shade
Exactly...the cousin that everyone ignores. Other family members may mention that he's still alive and maybe down on his luck, and pleasantries are exchanged with other members of his immediate family (the fans), but they don't really care as they have no direct contact and they think they're a bit of a loser.