Cheltenham Town v Colchester United

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Team news, live updates and video reaction all here this afternoon: http://bit.ly/ColUHome" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Positive bench...Kalala, Lloyd, Mooney Barnett alongside the keeper, Tozer and Clements.

Now we have the big squad there are a few who miss out...Baldwin, Debayo, Addai, McAlinden amongst them.
Nesty
Nice to see Kalala involved. McAlinden etc favourites to go out on loan to conference clubs as window not applicable.
I-Love-CTFC
Absolutely tragic so far.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Balls to this. Gill IN!
I-Love-CTFC
Playing like a team of strangers, which a lot of them are. Referee is terrible too. Big improvement needed in the second half.
Nesty
We need a proper manager asap, sorry Russ
asl
Our no 20 has been shockingly bad, so far. Sorry, I don't know his name and the back of his shirt is completely unreadable because the Marchant's sponsorship name has been given the blank space where the player's name should go.
darreno
Having to rely on other teams losing just to keep us out of the relegation zone at this stage of the season is simply not good enough.
Ihearye
GJ legacy - one promotion 3 years of pi55 poor recruitment. Going to take a huge effort to turn this squad around. Field a plus, forster too slow. Dawson not good enough. Duku, tries but not there, yet. Keep Spencer on for second half!!!
Nesty
asl wrote:Our no 20 has been shockingly bad, so far. Sorry, I don't know his name and the back of his shirt is completely unreadable because the Marchant's sponsorship name has been given the blank space where the player's name should go.
Maddox
Alf
We weren’t great first half last week and he made positive half time changes. After saying that, the poor guy’s going to have his work cut out this week, there’s a few lightweights in there. Apparently a few ex players are there today for the FPA inauguration. Don’t suppose any of them brought their boots! Can’t understand why we’re back to hoofing the ball forward in the air when we are getting beaten in the air practically every time. We need more imagination.
I-Love-CTFC
There's no balance in midfield. Nige has been awful as has Maddox. Flinders and Mullins are consistently our best players which tells you everything. Harry Pell is showing us what we're missing today.
Alf
This is better. 2-1!
I-Love-CTFC
Game over 3-1. Harry Pell penalty.
Ralph
He didn't celebrate really which was nice to see
Alf
I thought both of their penalties were generous to be honest. Both players were ready to hit the deck. If he was happy to give those then we had a couple of shouts in the first half.
I think the ref has been poor. Typical league 2 ref.
Ralph
Radio Glos laying the blame right on GJ. He sold Mo and never bought anyone in to replace him "He failed to do his job" Got to agree with that statement
Ihearye
Ralph wrote:He didn't celebrate really which was nice to see
Am taking it you attended teh same course at Manchester Met as RCS. He was a total vvanker the entire game. Near had a breakdown because they wouldn't let him take the first penalty and just made an obnoxious fool of hi,self all day.l Any remaining respect, well gone
Ihearye
Alf wrote:I thought both of their penalties were generous to be honest. Both players were ready to hit the deck. If he was happy to give those then we had a couple of shouts in the first half.
I think the ref has been poor. Typical league 2 ref.
Think for first, the defence made it easy for him. Couldn't see the second through the tangle of bodies and surprised the ref could
Alf
Ralph wrote:Radio Glos laying the blame right on GJ. He sold Mo and never bought anyone in to replace him "He failed to do his job" Got to agree with that statement
Yes, heard that Ralph. Was it Mark Halliwell letting fly? He was quite angry. I think PB maybe should have sorted this out at the end of last season. I wouldn’t advocate what Notts County did when Nolan was sent packing and I wouldn’t want to see us being that brutal in any way, shape or form but I think the decision should have been made earlier.
Ralph
I believe it was MH yes.
drgm
Alf wrote:
Ralph wrote:Radio Glos laying the blame right on GJ. He sold Mo and never bought anyone in to replace him "He failed to do his job" Got to agree with that statement
Yes, heard that Ralph. Was it Mark Halliwell letting fly? He was quite angry. I think PB maybe should have sorted this out at the end of last season. I wouldn’t advocate what Notts County did when Nolan was sent packing and I wouldn’t want to see us being that brutal in any way, shape or form but I think the decision should have been made earlier.
I'm afraid GJ is entirely responsible for the mess we find ourselves in and whoever comes in as manager will
need a fair bit of time to put things right. I worry about the cost of this already large squad. If I was offered our
current position at the end of the seasn I would take it.
He really should have been sacked after the Forest Green game and his summer recruitment has seen him pay
over the odds for average players.
Robin
You cannot blame GJ entirely, Milton has also signed four players who made the squad today and it was no better than the earlier games.
Ihearye
Some already in pipeline and apart from that, with an entire summer and the knowledge of money coming in, we should not be depending on 4 signings in the last few days before shut down
Robin
Oh GJ got a lot wrong, what I find difficult is this ridiculous attitude that Milton is blameless. The board should have appointed a new manager quickly instead they have waited around and it has cost us.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:Oh GJ got a lot wrong, what I find difficult is this ridiculous attitude that Milton is blameless. The board should have appointed a new manager quickly instead they have waited around and it has cost us.
That is presuming a new mananger would have been able to bring in differnet players? Will have had time to study what we needed, then gone out to find and sign up in a few days.
I think the shambles has its foundations in not seeing the writing on the wall at the end of last season. That's when action should have been taken. I don't for one minute think Russ is the answer, or even part of teh solution. Any more than I think Bookie makes Flinders a better keeper. The old boys club needs a shake up
Ralph
Rowe scored another 2 for Fylde today
CTFC03
The whole blame must go on Johnson, Russ (to an extent) has had his hands tied as he can only get loans in or free agents, Johnson had the whole summer, Russ has had significantly reduced time to get players in. We should have parted in the summer with Johnson, he lost the plot you can just tell he had lost the plot when JP tweeted that decisions made on Grimes and Cranston were going to be made in the next 48 hours, it shouldn't take 10 seconds to decide that they weren't up to it.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Was it Johnson or the Board who were happy to sell Mo? Whoever OK’d the sale rather than saying from day one that he wasn’t going anywhere is to blame for losing our best player.
London Exile
Back to the game I thought that once we started to involve Sam Jones much more we then got a foot hold in the game and started to threaten them.
CTFC03
I heard Wilcox was desperate to keep hold of him RCS but when that big offer came in they obviously couldn't refuse it (I would have sold him too) but like we all know we haven't replaced him if we had sold him but had somebody in the pipeline then fair enough but we had no plan B, well Danny Rowe was our plan B it seemed :roll:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
CTFC03 wrote:I heard Wilcox was desperate to keep hold of him RCS but when that big offer came in they obviously couldn't refuse it (I would have sold him too) but like we all know we haven't replaced him if we had sold him but had somebody in the pipeline then fair enough but we had no plan B, well Danny Rowe was our plan B it seemed :roll:
No plan B for selling Mo.

No plan B for sacking Johnson.
Robin
I thought the plan was Akinde and Rowe but Lincoln got one target and the Flyde chairman messed us around for the other.
Scarface
Been a while since I posted but becoming disallusioned with the club at present.

What are people’s opinions if I were to say that a good proportion of the squad we’re out on the town last night? I realise players need down time but after recent performances it doesn’t set a good tone. Unless of course they were giving out free ticket to fellow revellers...

Also we couldn’t match FGR wages for Winchester, one of our best players, yet we can afford 8 players watching the game from the boxes....(understand 1/2 might be injured)

Big turnaround job needed by the new manager.