new manager please

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
it is imperative we appoint a new manager ASAP and never mind this "must have association with CTFC" balls - it needs a new broom, it sounds all too ally pally.come on AW get it sorted
Horteng
Couldn’t agree more

New manager, new back room staff.

Complete overhaul please
Robin
This is what I was saying last week but too many were sucked in by nice guy Russ and a couple of lucky results in the past two games.
Ihearye
it can't be the case that the best we can get for everything, are ex players
theidlerich
After a couple of dire years and not too much confidence currently, I'm leaning towards the "new broom" camp.
horlickfanclub
All Managers are ex players from somewhere Ihear.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:All Managers are ex players from somewhere Ihear.
Incorrect.
East End Robin
Andre Villas Boas never played (yes, won a pointless argument! That was fun!)

I personally would be happy to see backroom staff who know the DNA of Cheltenham to stay. Especially the likes of Bookie and Ian Hutton - what have they done to deserve the sack? A new manager would be nice some point soon though.
Ihearye
horlickfanclub wrote:All Managers are ex players from somewhere Ihear.
How remiss of me , let me try again, I can't believe the best we can get for all positions , is our ex players
CTFC03
I wouldn't be against a complete overhaul either, I think Russ is fine as AM but not as manager, I think we definitely need that experienced head in now even if we have to pay slightly more than we want to, it's just so imperative that we stay up.
Robin
As far as assistant goes I'd guess it will be either a new one, Russ or Downes (who seems to be getting frozen out right now).
Red&WhiteArmy
I know one swallow does not a summer make and all that but if I were AW & Board I would not want to rush into a panic appointment, with Rusty at the helm, with assistance from Aaron & Bookie we are in safe hands. I would want to see what happens over the next three or five games and if we are digging in would maybe be tempted to hang it out till xmas, It would save a wage and give us chance to properly evaluate the situation.

Nesty - you are a f#!$ disgrace! Literally one 90 minutes and you about turn! Why don’t you just s#!t the feck up and and give the boys our full backing
Nesty
Red&WhiteArmy wrote:Joined: 18 Jun 2011, 10:17
I know one swallow does not a summer make and all that but if I were AW & Board I would not want to rush into a panic appointment, with Rusty at the helm, with assistance from Aaron & Bookie we are in safe hands. I would want to see what happens over the next three or five games and if we are digging in would maybe be tempted to hang it out till xmas, It would save a wage and give us chance to properly evaluate the situation.

Nesty - you are a f#!$ disgrace! Literally one 90 minutes and you about turn! Why don’t you just s#!t the feck up and and give the boys our full backing

so I am not allowed to change my mind?
Red&WhiteArmy
Sums you up to a tee :roll:

Just strikes me as absolute pathetic how you change from one sting option to another on the back of ONE game!! Talk about fickle fans! You are the pure definition of one. :lol:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red&WhiteArmy wrote:Sums you up to a tee :roll:

Just strikes me as absolute pathetic how you change from one sting option to another on the back of ONE game!! Talk about fickle fans! You are the pure definition of one. :lol:
What is the acceptable number of games before one is allowed to change one’s opinion?
Nesty
sorry guys but thats the way I saw it at the time, I reacted positively to the win, but listening to MH and reading Social Media I realised I was in the minority.
Ihearye
Nesty wrote:sorry guys but thats the way I saw it at the time, I reacted positively to the win, but listening to MH and reading Social Media I realised I was in the minority.
Bit more kudos if your formed your own opinions rather than depend on MH or social media. Especially social media
Nesty
fair point. it goes without saying that should RM be appointed manager he will get my full support, and that goes for whoever gets the job.