Ideal squad size?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
JP’s latest thoughts cover the topic of us having too big a squad.

By his numbers, 18 in the squad plus six in the stands plus two injured equals 26.

I personally think 22 is ideal, meaning four to go and four to stay in the stands.

Your thoughts?
Robin
I would say 23-24 is probably normal at league two but that includes a couple of young kids who you would expect to be loaned out like Lloyd and Bower. Presumably Tom Smith also falls into that category as he's been frozen out.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Robin wrote:I would say 23-24 is probably normal at league two but that includes a couple of young kids who you would expect to be loaned out like Lloyd and Bower. Presumably Tom Smith also falls into that category as he's been frozen out.
Bower has been loaned out and I wasn’t including him in the 26 or 22 numbers.
Artemis
Robin wrote:I would say 23-24 is probably normal at league two but that includes a couple of young kids who you would expect to be loaned out like Lloyd and Bower. Presumably Tom Smith also falls into that category as he's been frozen out.
Frozen out? And what's your evidence for that assertion? Maybe, just maybe, his performance in training hasn't warranted a place in the match-day squad relative to the other midfielders in the squad.
Robin
He's not made hardly any match day squads hence frozen out, nothing more sinister to it than that.