Kevin Nicholson (not the Torquay one)

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RubyRedRobin
Seems like Kevin Nicholson wants a go at management potentially? Has good coaching pedigree...

https://twitter.com/kevnicholson1/statu ... 23745?s=21
Artemis
Perhaps he's applied for the role? Impressive record at Bangor City.
Robin
Someone mentioned this guy before, it's a hell of a leap but he kind of reminds of the Cawley's for some reason.
RubyRedRobin
Robin wrote:Someone mentioned this guy before, it's a hell of a leap but he kind of reminds of the Cawley's for some reason.
This is the kind of person who id take a shot in the dark on. Jerry Gill will probably be a fine manager, but this guy seems to be highly highly regarded by other coaches. He seems a class above IMO. If he’s anything like the Cowleys then he’s going to be a good coach.
Robin
Yes I am fully with you Ruby Red this could be the right fit that pleases everyone.
longmover
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LjQ4Q7b_48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'd love to see GJ version of this for the last two seasons :lol:
Artemis
I did mention him a couple of weeks ago, when JP and Finners followed him on Twitter. But, apparently, that was the Brentford link with Ollie Watkins

I'd absolutely give him at least an interview. His contacts are excellent, he is a highly regarded coach, and he has a solid track record as a manager on a tight budget where recruiting players is difficult because of geography. Even if it might mean a few Cardiff City rather than Bristol City loanees from time to time :-)
horlickfanclub
We might have to install a wake up alarm system for the players at the training ground. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Robin
What's that supposed to mean Horlick?
RubyRedRobin
Robin wrote:What's that supposed to mean Horlick?
Probs that detailed tactical analysis isn’t sexy or bombastic. Rly interesting video though, good to see managers verbalise their thoughts on the game and how they try to see weaknesses in the opposition.
Robin
I have been very reliably informed Nicholson is in contention for the job but a former player is the favourite.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:I have been very reliably informed Nicholson is in contention for the job but a former player is the favourite.
Tending to come down on the side of the 'why a former player debate'. Obviously if they are pulling up trees somewhere and are the obvious choice among the candidates. Then go for it. However, it is my view that CTFC has become to 'comfortable' for people. Joining the 'team' is seen as a natural progression, once the playing days are over. This is a professional business (yes a business), and we should be looking for the best we can get at ALL levels.
horlickfanclub
Join the Board Ihearye and Robin as you have the answers.
Ihearye
So you have to pay to have an opinion? Fair enough
horlickfanclub
No fee. Just get elected as Fan elected director.
Ihearye
horlickfanclub wrote:No fee. Just get elected as Fan elected director.
Is it vacant ?
If so we could be vying for votes. As you are never short of offering an opinion yourself. This seems to be the only entry requirement according to your good self
leohoenig
The FED is not elected with "no fee". The Trust has earned the place by becoming the fourth largest shareholder
Nominations for the post of FED are open, with an election at the AGM in October
For more detail, go to http://www.robinstrust.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;