Home record in 2018

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Fuller
So we have only won two games at home in 2018, which is quite an appalling record.

In my 50 years of supporting The Robins I don't ever recall a home run as poor as this.

Fair play to us all that still turn up every other week !
Johnsons Red Army
Shame the place is always such a library, we may win more if more people got behind the team vocally.

(Not pointing the finger at anyone in particular before anyone takes offense).
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
And people wonder why we are seeing attendances drop.

As I said last season, failure to get ten wins at home was incredibly poor.
Lord Elpuz
Johnsons Red Army wrote:Shame the place is always such a library, we may win more if more people got behind the team vocally.

(Not pointing the finger at anyone in particular before anyone takes offense).
Praise be to the PRE who sang most heartily v Colchester, one of the best atmospheres for a jolly long time. One almost broke into “Cheltenham Spa, La La La” - but very few will remember that terrace retort of bygone days, what-what?
Benctfc
This is the main reason for attendances dropping. A winning team will always bring an extra few hundred fans through the gate but we are miles away from that at the moment. I think it shows how much of a downward spiral we are on as a club and how big a challenge the new manager faces. It feels like not only does the new manager need to win games of football on the pitch he needs to get the club reconnecting with the fans and bring some much needed new energy around the place. It is not too different to when GJ took over yes we are in a better position financially and league wise but off the pitch the same issues are irising of disconnect with fans.
everyman
Fuller wrote:So we have only won two games at home in 2018, which is quite an appalling record.

In my 50 years of supporting The Robins I don't ever recall a home run as poor as this.

Fair play to us all that still turn up every other week !
Could it be our " Annus Horribilis " ?
horlickfanclub
Home defeats, ome up front and a Manager who was dismissive about his teams supporters. Four hundred came back last week so hopefully two away wins this week will start the ball rolling.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:Home defeats, ome up front and a Manager who was dismissive about his teams supporters. Four hundred came back last week so hopefully two away wins this week will start the ball rolling.
And how many left at half time :lol:
horlickfanclub
I don't know but do you Regency? Were you there to count them?
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
horlickfanclub wrote:I don't know but do you Regency? Were you there to count them?
No hence me asking. Someone on another thread said plenty stayed in the pub though after HT.
vickeryc
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
horlickfanclub wrote:I don't know but do you Regency? Were you there to count them?
No hence me asking. Someone on another thread said plenty stayed in the pub though after HT.
Well, shame on them. Actually, the Robins played well for most of the second half and, with a little luck, could've snatched a point. The softest of penalties at the death gave the score line a flattering look for Colchester imo.