FGR Tomorrow - all ticket?

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RR88
Are people aware this is an all ticket game? First I heard was in an article on the ctfc website yesterday...I may have missed some other communication though.

Since then the ticket office has been closed, are you normally able to purchase tickets on the phone to be collected at the away ground? This is the only way I will now be able to get a ticket and don't want to miss it...
Shade
Heard over the tannoy on Saturday. What an absolute joke for a game that will get about 1500 maximum.
Robin
I was expecting a total attendance of no more than 700 or so. Will we out number the home fans again?
Lord Elpuz
I will not be attending the New Lawn again after the way we were treated there last season. A most inhospitable reception for their biggest gate receipt of the season where 1,000 Cheltenham fans had to share 4 portaloo toilets with no running water, queue for ages to get a drink from the back of a filthy stand with a shabby tarpaulin for cover, no hot water for a hot drink, food that was still frozen in the middle having come out of a deep fat fryer prematurely, nowhere for elderly or disabled fans to sit, herded in and out of a tiny entrance/exit like sheep, stood on a non-League standard terrace with no cover, smokers told they couldn’t come back in if they went for a cigarette at half time, I have never seen anything like it and will make damn sure I don’t see the likes of it ever again by simply staying away from that tin-pot disgrace of a 3rd world club.
drgm
They'll have to do without my ticket money as well
MittonRobin
So you can’t buy on the gate ? Is this correct ? I was going to make a last min decision but this now makes my mind up if it’s the case
RR88
On the ctfc site it says all ticket...I was away last week so missed it being announced at the game on Sat. The first I noticed it in the press was yesterday and ticket office has been shut since. I also tweeted the club twice and have had no reply.

Not very impressed at all.
Johnsons Red Army
It was on the website on Tuesday 28th. I remember as I emailed them that day asking about it and they told me they'd put something on the website later that day, which they went and did.

Edit: https://www.ctfc.com/news/2018/septembe ... cket-info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It was this article here. They must have just re-dated it yesterday to bring further up the news feed.
RR88
Thanks for the update...I thought it was strange that this was the first communication!

Hopefully can order tickets to be collected from FGR office.
Benctfc
Lord Elpuz wrote:I will not be attending the New Lawn again after the way we were treated there last season. A most inhospitable reception for their biggest gate receipt of the season where 1,000 Cheltenham fans had to share 4 portaloo toilets with no running water, queue for ages to get a drink from the back of a filthy stand with a shabby tarpaulin for cover, no hot water for a hot drink, food that was still frozen in the middle having come out of a deep fat fryer prematurely, nowhere for elderly or disabled fans to sit, herded in and out of a tiny entrance/exit like sheep, stood on a non-League standard terrace with no cover, smokers told they couldn’t come back in if they went for a cigarette at half time, I have never seen anything like it and will make damn sure I don’t see the likes of it ever again by simply staying away from that tin-pot disgrace of a 3rd world club.
Completely agree I have been to some poor grounds with poor facilities (Accrington,Guiseley etc) but have never had a worse experience as I did at FGR.
The Old TomCat
The Checkatrade match today is NOT all ticket.
Fans can pay at ticket office for £7 standing or £9 seated.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:The Checkatrade match today is NOT all ticket.
Fans can pay at ticket office for £7 standing or £9 seated.
Maybe that is the case for home fans.

But CTFC still advising, this morning, that it is all ticket for away fans:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CTFCofficial ... 5520161792" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.ctfc.com/news/2018/septembe ... cket-info/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It may come as a surprise to you OTC, but FGR’s policy towards away fans visiting TNL is quite different to the treatment of away fans.

After the squalid conditions and discriminatory behaviour last season we don’t care if there ate tickets or not.
asl
Perhaps OTC is inviting everyone to come.into the home ends...?
theidlerich
Perhaps CTFC could check, fairly rapidly to see if that is the case.
Their communication with fans is not that good; I for one was not aware that last Saturday was 'retro shirt'; so missed an opportunity to wear my signed one , including John Finnigans signature!
RR88
I have just spoken with the ticket office and they have just been told by FGR that it will no longer be all ticket. We can buy tickets on the gate.
The Old TomCat
Normal prices for parking tonight:

£7 for the main onsite car park (very limited though, turn up early if you want a space)
£5 for the School
No Park&Ride

Should be plenty of free parking on the local roads given expected small crowd at TNL.
Ihearye
The Old TomCat wrote:Normal prices for parking tonight:

£7 for the main onsite car park (very limited though, turn up early if you want a space)
£5 for the School
No Park&Ride

Should be plenty of free parking on the local roads given expected small crowd at TNL.
Finding it difficult to locate a feck I can give about this, FGR or any visit to TNL
Sprout Picker
Ihearye wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:Normal prices for parking tonight:

£5 for the School
No Park&Ride

Finding it difficult to locate a feck I can give about this, FGR or any visit to TNL
Likewise.
asl
Notice from the club on Facebook: no longer all-ticket for away fans.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
According to Checkatrade twitter feed we aren’t playing anyway and a Yeovil second team have taken our place:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CheckatradeT ... 73/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shade
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:According to Checkatrade twitter feed we aren’t playing anyway and a Yeovil second team have taken our place:

https://mobile.twitter.com/CheckatradeT ... 73/photo/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fine by me. I'd rather the squad have a midweek off than play in this competition.
The Old TomCat
Lord Elpuz wrote:I will not be attending the New Lawn again after the way we were treated there last season. A most inhospitable reception for their biggest gate receipt of the season where 1,000 Cheltenham fans had to share 4 portaloo toilets with no running water, queue for ages to get a drink from the back of a filthy stand with a shabby tarpaulin for cover, no hot water for a hot drink, food that was still frozen in the middle having come out of a deep fat fryer prematurely, nowhere for elderly or disabled fans to sit, herded in and out of a tiny entrance/exit like sheep, stood on a non-League standard terrace with no cover, smokers told they couldn’t come back in if they went for a cigarette at half time, I have never seen anything like it and will make damn sure I don’t see the likes of it ever again by simply staying away from that tin-pot disgrace of a 3rd world club.
I would like to send out my sincere best wishes and thanks to the 236 away supporters at game.

They, Mr ‘Elpuz, are the REAL Cheltenham supporters who attend CTFC matches in good and bad times and are NOT plastic like you, who is big on rhetoric but small in actual support of team.

Even if your pathetic reasons for not supporting Cheltenham at a ground only 20 miles distance from Whaddon Road [or 45 minutes away] were accurate [which they ain’t] it is a disgrace that you felt unable to attend game. Those 236 have shown you up.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
I would like to send out my sincere best wishes and thanks to the 236 away supporters at game.

They, Mr ‘Elpuz, are the REAL Cheltenham supporters who attend CTFC matches in good and bad times and are NOT plastic like you, who is big on rhetoric but small in actual support of team.

Even if your pathetic reasons for not supporting Cheltenham at a ground only 20 miles distance from Whaddon Road [or 45 minutes away] were accurate [which they ain’t] it is a disgrace that you felt unable to attend game. Those 236 have shown you up.
Not wanting to put oneself in danger (physical and ill health) due to squalid and dangerous conditions is hardly pathetic.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

Not wanting to put oneself in danger (physical and ill health) due to squalid and dangerous conditions is hardly pathetic.
What a pathetic reply.
It did not deter the 236