Forest Green Rovers v Cheltenham Town

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Benctfc wrote:
darreno wrote:Where's the Milton interview?
Hasn't taken place yet I beleive Jon Palmer tweeted to say he hadn't come out yet back at 10 oclock.
At least the journey back in the bus isn’t as long if we have another late night sacking.
Ctfc1999
You know it’s bad when I’ve had to register on here to vent my utter anger tonight. If I was Bowyer/duff anyone in the world would never want to take over here will the utter tosh that has been assembled. Tonight we probably changed system 4 times and got beaten by the vegans reserves very comfortably. Even broom who has been the outfield star with Mullins looked poor tonight.
Ihearye
As I said at half time on Saturday. GJ legacy is one promotion from NL and 3 years of poor recruitment. It will take some effort by who ever is manager to turn this squad around.
Sorry Robin naming the odd player who MIGHT be good enough to get into another team is not enough. We played that game the last few years and those players by and large never lived up to that tag. Broom a good example, good on Saturday and it seems poor today. Good players are consistent. No matter what level they are playing at. RCS, tozer, seen nothing so far to show me it is just the system that is reducing his performance. Hussey. Long as many times. Look decent of Wiki or youtube. No proof yet they can help us out in real life, over a season.
PJ position must be questioned too. Would love some clarity as to who we went in for but money was an issue. GJ used to promise us that clarity every time his recruitment was questioned, but it never appeared. We are where we arer, but someone has to get it into this squad that this season could be their last or only one in League football. And probably decide we need to play to grind out 1 0 wins. Because this team is not going to outscore by 3 or 4 goals. In my opinion
Robin
Tozer has played consistently in the football league and been well regarded so there is a player in there. Mullins is class surely anyone can see that? Hussey will be class. There is no maybe here. Even McAlindon played in a play off chasing team last season.

Far too easy to say it's recruitment what's missing a formation, consistency and a decent manager to mould them.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:Tozer has played consistently in the football league and been well regarded so there is a player in there. Mullins is class surely anyone can see that? Hussey will be class. There is no maybe here. Even McAlindon played in a play off chasing team last season.

Far too easy to say it's recruitment what's missing a formation, consistency and a decent manager to mould them.
Tozer - Not too interested in what he HAS done. What I said was I haven't seen it yet
Mullins - as I said, yes we can point at the odd one
Hussey - Will? be class. May be OK. Time will tell if he can produce it for us regularly over a season.

I couldn't give a feck what their wiki pages say or their youtube videos say. ALL that matters to me is the here and now and what they are doing for CTFC. As it stands (and agree with Mullins). They either struggle or are absent. If we signed players with known fitness / injury issues, then is that a luxury we can ill afford, given the forcing of JF to play FB?

Have little interest in a players history, especially if that history can not be repeated. Time will tell and I hope you are right, that we have the basis and characters to see us through this year.
Robin
Every signing is a gamble to some extent, my point was if players have been part of successful teams we know the ability is in there and that the problem may be the coaching.
Ihearye
Robin wrote:Every signing is a gamble to some extent, my point was if players have been part of successful teams we know the ability is in there and that the problem may be the coaching.
Or at least 'was' there. But largely agree
Shade
Ihearye wrote:
Robin wrote:Every signing is a gamble to some extent, my point was if players have been part of successful teams we know the ability is in there and that the problem may be the coaching.
Or at least 'was' there. But largely agree
I don't know if you were or weren't, I don't keep track of other posters posts as close as some, but I'm assuming you weren't one that was calling out for an experienced striker or manager to be signed.