when will we see the

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Nesty
little mo
November 5th,Nesty. :roll:
theidlerich
...............it's all hot air currently...............
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
No tweets from JP either. Maybe mixed views on whether Russ or an ex-club like Duff, or a clean broom.

Interviews likely to be going all day, for discussions tomorrow so this will be the most important 24 hours of Board meetings this club has had for a long time.

I would argue the new manager must be introduced to the players on Friday morning to lead Friday training. This requires an announcement by tomorrow evening. This might require late Board discussions tonight and a full ten or twelve hours of meetings tomorrow but so be it - it has to be done.
paperboy
..don't hold your breath.
They've been dragging their feet for over two weeks in the vain hope that Rusty would do well enough to let them avoid having interviews so they might wait until after Saturdays match and hope for a miracle result from Russ.
Ihearye
I suppose it would be too much to expect them to have to take a training session as part of the selection process? Not sure how these things are done, but it would seem a sensible approach
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:I suppose it would be too much to expect them to have to take a training session as part of the selection process? Not sure how these things are done, but it would seem a sensible approach
Does sound a good idea, but 5 interviewees means 5 days of training means a long process, and what impact on the players at the end of the week in the match?

I do think that should be done when making appointments in the summer months; then the different managers can show their approaches to fitness and drills in a comparable way with less impact on the players match performance.

Training now needs to be focused on getting these players into a system where they perform - 5 different managers in 5 different days won’t help that.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
No moles at the ground / season spying on which managers came for interview.
Nesty