Get the boot in

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

RegencyCheltenhamSpa
I hope the first game under the new manager is one to get the pulses racing. Getting the system and passing game flowing could take some time but aggression can start instantly. Let’s get Robins fans on their feet and cheering tough tackles and aggression and start on the front foot. Be great to see Cobblers left on the floor after another ball-winning stonker.

This will set the mood for things to come.
Lord Elpuz
Yes, we may have to try to win ugly at first, to get some points on the table. I remember when Kewell took over at Crawley, he did just that and turned them into a mean and aggressive team, not pretty but it’s safety first. Cheltenham fans are desperate for wins, especially at home. Johnny Rocks can be a hostile and intimidating stadium for visiting teams, but we must not turn it into a hostile and intimidating stadium for our our own players; it’s essential that our fans get behind our players and the appointed manager, immediately.

Expect Kewell to do the same at Notts County, hence it being imperative we match or better them !
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Lord Elpuz wrote:Yes, we may have to try to win ugly at first, to get some points on the table. I remember when Kewell took over at Crawley, he did just that and turned them into a mean and aggressive team, not pretty but it’s safety first. Cheltenham fans are desperate for wins, especially at home. Johnny Rocks can be a hostile and intimidating stadium for visiting teams, but we must not turn it into a hostile and intimidating stadium for our our own players; it’s essential that our fans get behind our players and the appointed manager, immediately.

Expect Kewell to do the same at Notts County, hence it being imperative we match or better them !
Alas it does not look likely that any Cobblers will be victim - a new manager does not look like being in place.