Some thoughts on the Forest Green defeat

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

Jon Palmer
Can be read here: http://bit.ly/5ThingsFGRTrophy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robin
So the interviews are today for five to six candidates I'd assume this is Duff, Nicholson, Davis, Milton and Devaney.
Ihearye
Feel we may need divine intervention
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Assuming it won’t be Russ, whoever the new man is they will only succeed if both they and the players have full support of the fans.

It will be a new era after three and half years of Johnson and we all have to do our bit embrace it and help make a positive start for the new regime.
Ihearye
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Assuming it won’t be Russ, whoever the new man is they will only succeed if both they and the players have full support of the fans.

It will be a new era after three and half years of Johnson and we all have to do our bit embrace it and help make a positive start for the new regime.

Think once all the uncertainty is removed and we know who is in charge and who he wants around them. Then we can get the Dunkirk spirit going. Just a shame that this wasn't done months ago, so we won't get the 'not his players' line. Whoever comes in, will be very aware of the squads strengths and weaknesses. If the can't turn them around, then best not apply
Ihearye
Jon Palmer wrote:Can be read here: http://bit.ly/5ThingsFGRTrophy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1. we
2. are
3. not
4. good
5. enough
Fuller
Ihearye wrote:
Jon Palmer wrote:Can be read here: http://bit.ly/5ThingsFGRTrophy" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
1. we
2. are
3. not
4. good
5. enough
1. we
2. are
3. all
4. pi**ed
5. off
Ihearye
Fuller wrote:
Ihearye wrote:
1. we
2. are
3. not
4. good
5. enough
1. we
2. are
3. all
4. pi**ed
5. off
My only expectation is that I turn up on a Saturday and witness 11+ players, playing to some kind of plan (that makes sense), are putting in the effort from the first minute until the last minute. All this and wearing a CTFC shirt would be nice. I can take getting beaten by a good team. But not by a team we make look good.
horlickfanclub
If Nicholson is in first there will not be time for anyone else.
Robin
So what have you got against Nicholson then Horlick?
Red Duke
Robin wrote:So what have you got against Nicholson then Horlick?
He watched the coaching video, found it boring and it sent him to sleep. He is not the type he is wants to be appointed. He wants a fire and brimstone type Manager who will put some fear into players.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:
Robin wrote:So what have you got against Nicholson then Horlick?
He watched the coaching video, found it boring and it sent him to sleep. He is not the type he is wants to be appointed. He wants a fire and brimstone type Manager who will put some fear into players.
The indeed, Horlick doesn’t like sports science; analysis or intellectuals - a “has enough of experts” outlook.

He wants old school - but no cockneys.
Chris FGR
Surprised that people are putting so much weight on this result. Utterly meaningless competition, that should be boycotted for the good of the game.

Pretty sure that come the league fixture you'll be in better shape. You have the basis of a half-decent team. Just need some better organisation and focus.

Curle would be a decent choice at this point imo. Someone that knows exactly what it takes at this level.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Chris FGR wrote:Surprised that people are putting so much weight on this result. Utterly meaningless competition, that should be boycotted for the good of the game.

Pretty sure that come the league fixture you'll be in better shape. You have the basis of a half-decent team. Just need some better organisation and focus.

Curle would be a decent choice at this point imo. Someone that knows exactly what it takes at this level.
Given how annoyed Curle was when we beat Carlisle and how mouthed off about our style of play because he couldn’t stand losing to what he perceived was a lowly side would he want to manage a side he was previously ashamed to have been defeated by?
Southstander
Think you’d need Jesus Christ to save you, it was a shameful, shambolic pitiful display the likes of which I haven’t witnessed at the New Lawn since Hyde Uniteds 8-0 capitulation. Despite the performance I think the posts on here have been remarkably restrained. Roll on October, we might still be unbeaten and you might still be managerless.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Southstander wrote:Think you’d need Jesus Christ to save you, it was a shameful, shambolic pitiful display the likes of which I haven’t witnessed at the New Lawn since Hyde Uniteds 8-0 capitulation. Despite the performance I think the posts on here have been remarkably restrained. Roll on October, we might still be unbeaten and you might still be managerless.
If we are then not even JC could save us.
Lord Elpuz
Southstander wrote:Think you’d need Jesus Christ to save you, it was a shameful, shambolic pitiful display the likes of which I haven’t witnessed at the New Lawn since Hyde Uniteds 8-0 capitulation. Despite the performance I think the posts on here have been remarkably restrained. Roll on October, we might still be unbeaten and you might still be managerless.
Football is a rollercoaster - you get the ups and you get the downs. For the moment FGR can wallow in their glorious Checkatrade match win and good luck to them because the best team won - and some of their fans can come on this Forum and gloat (I don’t include Chris FGR in this, because he’s offered a very reasoned and magnanimous opinion). But at some stage the tide will again turn. We won’t gloat on the FGR Forum, much as we would like to, the Trump style propaganda machine prevents anyone voicing anything other than DV sanitised opinion. But when CTFC do re-emerge, who will have fallen first, Trump or FGR?

We live in interesting times.
King giraffe iii
Or we could have had some bad results, CTFC have a new manager and a resurgence in form. Far too early to be gloating.
ctfc-fan
Roll on end of the season and we might have popped you to the title again too...

Now bugger off!
vickeryc
Southsider- what an a***hole.
By way of total contrast, Chris FGR and King Giraffe iii - what balanced, reasonable people.
Ihearye
vickeryc wrote:Southsider- what an a***hole.
By way of total contrast, Chris FGR and King Giraffe iii - what balanced, reasonable people.
You could almost play 'guess the age' :)
Or maybe guess the IQ ?
Probably too many night shifts at the yogurt factory. Those toilets don't clean themselves
Lord Elpuz
King giraffe iii wrote:
Or we could have had some bad results, CTFC have a new manager and a resurgence in form. Far too early to be gloating.
Well said King giraffe iii. There are people who come on this Forum to gloat and wind-up CTFC fans, like Southstander & OTC, but it is so refreshing to see the original FGR fans, the pleasant and sensible folk of Nailsworth and district, such as yourself and Chris FGR, who come on here to enjoy and discuss football topics in a balanced manner. Southstander and OTC should surely be under consideration now for a ban, especially OTC who not only goads and gloats on our forum, but then goes on the FGR Forum to brag about it.