Burnley fans

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

little mo
All wishing Duffo well on their forum. Full of praise for him. One of them saying we lost our top scorer Billy Waters so he might struggle though. :lol:
Red Duke
Didn't realise how highly he was thought of at Burnley.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... =2&t=32459" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:Didn't realise how highly he was thought of at Burnley.

http://www.uptheclarets.com/messageboar ... =2&t=32459" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yup, Burnley legend and revitalised under Dyche, and with his success managing the age group sides he was very much a club man there. Would not be surprised to see him managing their first team in the future.

This is the most pleasing comment on that forum:

“Went down there when they beat us in the cup, nicest bunch of fans i've met on the road up to now so hopefully they will give him time.”
Johnsons Red Army
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
Red Duke wrote:Didn't realise how highly he was thought of at Burnley.

Yup, Burnley legend and revitalised under Dyche, and with his success managing the age group sides he was very much a club man there. Would not be surprised to see him managing their first team in the future.

This is the most pleasing comment on that forum:

“Went down there when they beat us in the cup, nicest bunch of fans i've met on the road up to now so hopefully they will give him time.
I wouldn't bank on that knowing the patience of some on here :lol: !!!
cagliostro
I was up at Turf Moor a couple of years back giving a cyber talk to a load of lawyers in their hospitality suite. It was a great night and after started to chat with their Commercial Manager and dropped Duffo into the conversation....he said Michael was probably one of their best ever players and a superstar....he then opened up the Chairman's suite for me, plied me with free beer and food all night and then drove me to the hotel! That's how much Duffo was appreciated :-).
Along with a few others on here, seen him grow from boy to man and everything he did was 100% professional as was the whole family....I reckon this could be a a brilliant appointment and his old man will be delighted ;-p)
Cag
vickeryc
From what's being said, I'm feeling more optimistic than before.
Shade
Unfortunately a couple of the Burnley fans are speaking about the situation without actually knowing anything about it, but I'm sure their intentions are good.

The first main thing that Duffo needs to do is reduce the numbers in this squad and install some organisation to...well, everything. I'm still sure we have the players to do well in the division, but the right ones need to be picked into the right formation.
longmover
well thats some serious praise for him from Burnley fans, not a superstar by all means but a solid reliable and honest player, fans love it no matter who you play for.
Lord Elpuz
Over the years, there have been many quotes from Burnley sources acknowledging that Cheltenham had their pockets picked at £30k - Mick Duff was their greatest ever bargain. He does afford hero worship in Burnley, and they know they got a real pro for an absolute steal. We were definitely mugged off, but hopefully (if he is named as our new manager) we can start to recoup some of what we gave away too cheaply - in points, rather than pounds sterling.
Shade
Maybe there was a clause in his contract 14 years ago - you have him for £30k now and train him right up, and then we'll reap the benefits when he becomes a manager with infinitely more knowledge. Now there's a slowburning incentive.