Jordan Forster

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

heedrobin
I have 2 good mates from uni in Leicester who are from Northampton and both bigtime cobblers fans... both went to todays game and both said that Jordan Forster was 10/10. Just making this post because seen some terrible reviews of the guy on here, apparently he was bloody outstanding for us today, which is absolutely great to hear!!! Too many fans on here who are overly critical of our own players. If they read these posts, which they probably do, they must be spinning hard and suffering from it. Let's all stop this negativity and get behind our team through thick and thin! I thought JF was decent when at the Colchester game - bigups to you mate if you are reading! :)
Red Duke
heedrobin wrote:I have 2 good mates from uni in Leicester who are from Northampton and both bigtime cobblers fans... both went to todays game and both said that Jordan Forster was 10/10. Just making this post because seen some terrible reviews of the guy on here, apparently he was bloody outstanding for us today, which is absolutely great to hear!!! Too many fans on here who are overly critical of our own players. If they read these posts, which they probably do, they must be spinning hard and suffering from it. Let's all stop this negativity and get behind our team through thick and thin! I thought JF was decent when at the Colchester game - bigups to you mate if you are reading! :)
I suspect that the weaknesses in his game (creativity and accuracy of passing) are exposed much more playing at right back rather than at centre half and so it is easy to be critical of his play.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Good headers at both ends and good tackles. Got better support second half going forward. Overlapping down the wing, getting the pass, then waiting for Broom to overlap again and laying it off to keep the move going. It is when no one makes the run for him and gives him no options and he looks lost.
shevates
10 out of 10 they were his sons lol he was poor first half, but had a very good second half, as most did
heedrobin
My main sentiment is - please can "fans" on here stop slagging our own players who are very visibly making a massive effort
Shade
Did he get one or two assists today? I know he set up Boyle but not sure who got yhe last touch before Mooney's.
NewRobin
heedrobin wrote:My main sentiment is - please can "fans" on here stop slagging our own players who are very visibly making a massive effort
Very well said, a bit more positivity wouldn't go amiss, congratulations to all the lads on today's 3 points
heedrobin
I didn't see the game yet Shade, looking forward to do so tomorrow, however sounds like we were as bad as we have been in all the other games this season yet the result went our way today oddly. My mates at Northampton said the cobblers are in massive disarray at the moment!
heedrobin
"10 out of 10 they were his sons lol"

Chill out with your shitbag vibes about Cheltenham players... he played well and all say it's true so why rock up with a c!#p vibe comment like that?!
heedrobin
Negative miserable Victor Meldrew types who love to moan are the last thing this club needs right now. Basically, do one, royally if that's you! I am here to oppose all such gits! We do not require or enjoy your detrimental negative bile. Go be moany f#!$ elsewhere.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
heedrobin wrote:Negative miserable Victor Meldrew types who love to moan are the last thing this club needs right now. Basically, do one, royally if that's you! I am here to oppose all such gits! We do not require or enjoy your detrimental negative bile. Go be moany f#!$ elsewhere.
Yes mate!
heedrobin
Truth there, some terribly downside people on here. It needs to be curbed, ASAP!
Red Duke
heedrobin wrote:"10 out of 10 they were his sons lol"

Chill out with your shitbag vibes about Cheltenham players... he played well and all say it's true so why rock up with a c!#p vibe comment like that?!
I didn't read it that way. The impression that I got from listening to the game that CTFC were pretty poor in the first half with an improvement in the second half which fits in with Shevates comments.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Red Duke wrote:

I didn't read it that way. The impression that I got from listening to the game that CTFC were pretty poor in the first half with an improvement in the second half which fits in with Shevates comments.
I agree with Heed. The “were they his sons? Lol” was an unnecessary snide comment just to knock the player down and to mock positive comments about him. And it is an attitude which is pervasive on this Board, with some all to eager to “lol” at their own efforts to belittle players for no reason.
Lord Elpuz
heedrobin wrote:Negative miserable Victor Meldrew types who love to moan are the last thing this club needs right now. Basically, do one, royally if that's you! I am here to oppose all such gits! We do not require or enjoy your detrimental negative bile. Go be moany f#!$ elsewhere.
Bravo heedrobin, well said. And it needed to be said.

Forster has come back from an extremely serious injury which could have been career ending. He worked his socks off in the gym all year to keep himself in good shape ready for his chance when he got fit again. He was our own version of England’s Harry Maguire today (an incredible accolade seeing he’s a Scot !!!). Well played Jordan and well done for showing the doubters how wrong they are.

The Victor Meldrew types on the terraces, in the stands, and on this Forum do nothing at all to help the cause, quite the opposite in fact. Fortunately, we can rely on people like Jordan Forster instead.
vickeryc
G G T T H wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:

Forster has come back from an extremely serious injury which could have been career ending. He worked his socks off in the gym all year to keep himself in good shape ready for his chance when he got fit again. He was our own version of England’s Harry Maguire today (an incredible accolade seeing he’s a Scot !!!). Well played Jordan and well done for showing the doubters how wrong they are.

The Victor Meldrew types on the terraces, in the stands, and on this Forum do nothing at all to help the cause, quite the opposite in fact. Fortunately, we can rely on people like Jordan Forster instead.
What a crass remark '' an incredible accolade seeing he's a Scot'' have a word with yourself
Surely LE was making a humorous remark at the expense of Scots (three !!!'s) rather than sniping at our own players, which some on here relish doing. Let's face it, there's always been plenty of two way banter between the English and Scots - much of it good humoured - so there's surely no need to get all sanctimonious is there?
vickeryc
Oh, and for the record, I'm delighted that Jordan Forster has forced his way back into the team after working so hard to overcome a horrendous injury. When played in his best position, he's one of our most effective players and the squad is much stronger with him than without him.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
G G T T H wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:

What a crass remark '' an incredible accolade seeing he's a Scot'' have a word with yourself
Read the sentence...to paraphrase...”he is our equivalent of England international...even though he isn’t English.”
Ihearye

Forum - a meeting or medium where ideas and views on a particular issue can be exchamged

sanctimonious - self-righteous, holier-than-thou, superior, priggish

Free Speech - the right express any opinions without censorship or restraint.

The starting point is, you didn't see the match,(and it's at this stage you lost all credence, as far as I am concerned). Nor did I, hence making no comment on perfromances. I was critical of JF last week and feel was not being harsh, as it was a comment on his part as an attacking force, not his good defensive performance. It is possible to be critical while holding a balanced view. It must have been an outstanding performance to get 10/10. I wouldn't know and from what I gather you don't either?

It seems odd to take the views of two people, then come on here and attack people who saw the match and have a different view (style of comments aside).

If there are areas which you think it is anti CTFC to discuss or have an opinion on, can we have a list? That way, we can all apply those rules and you continue getting the slaps on your back.

Have you been on teh thread attacking the person who called the chairman a 'tosser' and using similar aggressive language? Hope you will be, as we can not have ANY view expressed that is not 100% towing the party line.

You will be very busy today policing the threads, so may not have time to watch the match.
Ihearye
Lord Elpuz wrote:

I am taking your word for it that people on here expressed a view that he would never get fit again or play again. Can't be bothered to look to see. If that is the case then he has proved them wrong. If not the case then, don't see the point you are making.

As for the 'Scot' comment. Replace it with Indian, Jamican, Pakistani and see how comfortable you are with that comment. Just because you may see it as jolly jape banter, doesn't mean everyone will. Seems, 'must have been his two sons' is applauded by some as crass, yet your views are banter. Strange world
vickeryc
I don't think anyone is having a go at people engaging in constructive criticism. Many of us, though, get fed up with the 'clever', needlessly aggressive, sarcastic or belittling tone that some posters use towards players or directors of the club from the safety of their keyboard.
vickeryc
RCS - fair point. I didn't read it that way, but see what you mean.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:

I am taking your word for it that people on here expressed a view that he would never get fit again or play again. Can't be bothered to look to see. If that is the case then he has proved them wrong. If not the case then, don't see the point you are making.

As for the 'Scot' comment. Replace it with Indian, Jamican, Pakistani and see how comfortable you are with that comment. Just because you may see it as jolly jape banter, doesn't mean everyone will. Seems, 'must have been his two sons' is applauded by some as crass, yet your views are banter. Strange world
It wasn’t a jape or banter and it would work for any country, and the use of England could be changed as well...for example “he could be our equivalent of Fulham and NI legend Chris Baird during 2009-2010 but that would be hard because he is Turkish” or “he could be our equivalent of a Scotland’s Colin Hendry in 1998, which would be a remarkable achievement given he isn’t Scottish and is Australian!”

I believe the point being made injuries re: Forster is that he has battled tremendously to get back to being able to play for CTFC again. He has still only played a handful of games since injury, so is still getting fitter in a position he is not wholly accustomed to...and his reward is being mocked and belittled by the fans he has worked so hard to represent.
vickeryc
Ihearye wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:

I think you're confusing two-way British football banter between the Scots and the English with racism which, in your example, clearly relates to skin colour rather than sport. For the record, I like most Scots and have many Scottish friends.
Ihearye
RCS - the point re injury was ' he proved his doubters' wrong by being back playing. Not that he played well / badly / indifferently yesterday. Seems this morning you have developed the power of knowing what people meant to say, rather than what they actually wrote ;)

Re your paraphase powers. Yor interrpretation and examples are wide of the mark and IMHO not relevant. To say someone can not play for any country because they do not qualify ,then that is stating the obvious. To say you are paying someone an accolade by comparing them to an England player and that accolade is even more pertinent because he is a Scot, that is something completely different. Why is the comparison an even greater accolade because he is not English? This has no bearing on what your example or paraphasing eludes to.
Si Robin
Two things, 1. It’s bloody Jordon.

2. I did watch the game and whilst his performance wasn’t a 10/10 performance it was a marked improvement on last weeks game. He was solid in our box, a menace in their box and actually overlapped well today. He certainly looked more of a full-back. With that being said, you could tell he was still only a square peg.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
Ihearye wrote:RCS - the point re injury was ' he proved his doubters' wrong by being back playing. Not that he played well / badly / indifferently yesterday. Seems this morning you have developed the power of knowing what people meant to say, rather than what they actually wrote ;)

Re your paraphase powers. Yor interrpretation and examples are wide of the mark and IMHO not relevant. To say someone can not play for any country because they do not qualify ,then that is stating the obvious. To say you are paying someone an accolade by comparing them to an England player and that accolade is even more pertinent because he is a Scot, that is something completely different. Why is the comparison an even greater accolade because he is not English? This has no bearing on what your example or paraphasing eludes to.
To quote directly here again: “Forster has come back from an extremely serious injury which could have been career ending. He worked his socks off in the gym all year to keep himself in good shape ready for his chance when he got fit again.”

Nowhere in that did LE talk about proving people wrong - it is just contextual description of Forster’s situation. If you can find me where in the post he talks about proving doubters wrong or says others didn’t think Forster would come back please post it here as I didn’t see.

So on that point I am very much reading and comprehending exactly what was written whilst you are the one inventing alternative meaning.

Re: not playing for a country you aren’t able to play for. Of course it is stating the obvious. Most of what LE writes is stating the obvious, just in his own effusive and eccentric way. Judging by the way his last post, making a point in two paragraphs when two sentences would do, had caused such a problem for some suggests that it is too effusive and eccentric for some to grasp.

Not a newly developed power: English comprehension was GCSEs in 2001 and not developed any new powers since then.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
G G T T H wrote:To quote directly here again: “Forster has come back from an extremely serious injury which could have been career ending. He worked his socks off in the gym all year to keep himself in good shape ready for his chance when he got fit again.”

That was all that needed to be said though, why was there any need to make the reference to the Scots ?
As per above, just LE’s flowery way of saying “reminiscent of Harry MacGuire except he is Scottish not English”. Really is that simple.
shevates
Jesus some of you armchair supporters need some fecking chill pills. Go to the games and you can have an honest view of the game. My remarks of fosters performance was followed by a LOL. Im my view he was poor in the first half but had a great second half if thats slatting a player then god help us, i call it telling the truth, as for 10 out of 10 that was a total joke he would of had to of been totally flawless and he was far from that, a 6 or 7 at best and thats still a good performance. As for Forster check my postings regarding him, im 100% behind him as he in my view is an experienced defender that we need, but would prefer him as a centre back.
vickeryc
shevates wrote:Jesus some of you armchair supporters need some fecking chill pills. Go to the games and you can have an honest view of the game. My remarks of fosters performance was followed by a LOL. Im my view he was poor in the first half but had a great second half if thats slatting a player then god help us, i call it telling the truth, as for 10 out of 10 that was a total joke he would of had to of been totally flawless and he was far from that, a 6 or 7 at best and thats still a good performance. As for Forster check my postings regarding him, im 100% behind him as he in my view is an experienced defender that we need, but would prefer him as a centre back.
Your positive comments about Jordan are good to hear. :D
Lord Elpuz
Thank you vickeryc and thank you RCS - you are entirely correct in assessing my nuances. I find it incredible that the likes of Ihearye and G G T T H have failed to see the obvious, as well as the very long history of excellent banter between the English and the Scots. I feel sure that Jordan Forster would not have been offended and it was never intended as being offensive in any shape or form. And for you Ihearye, if you had bothered to look back you will see that there have been a number of swipes by CTFC ‘ pfans’ aimed at Forster’s performances since the start of the season and I was defending the lad on the basis that despite his career threatening injury he was coming back to full fitness and is an asset. No need for you or G G T T H to look for arguments just for the sake of it.