FGR again

Talk about anything to do with Cheltenham Town, CTFC 500 Club, League 1, ex players & Managers

Moderators: Admin, Ralph, asl, Robin

The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Given the incoherent and bizarre rant there OTC I think big T is more appropriate.
Over the years I’ve got to know you well RCS and now have your measure.
You always insist on last word and if you are completely outfoxed you’ll resort to sarcasm, which you’ve done here.
Give your anti-FGR tirade a rest PLEASE.
The Old TomCat
Lord Elpuz wrote:There you go again OTC, it’s you who can’t leave CTFC alone. leave us alone.

Easy solution for both Robins Nest and me is for you to stop writing untrue and inflammatory posts about FGR. Then I would not need to come on this forum and put the record straight.
The ball is in your court.
The Old TomCat
Ralph wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:

5. Be sure FGR will retain their identity. It has evolved for the better in the past few years with over twice as many regular supporters. When the club moves it will remain in same district council area with same name and with overwhelmingly same set of supporters as at TNL.

The post on this thread Robin said that DV once tried to buy CTFC. I’ve never heard that said before and phoned the office for confirmation or not. Seems nobody at TNL knows anything of the sort.

Ralph, I’ve already fully addressed the Identity issue so I guess we will have to differ on opinion. However I will say that even if you are right, dozens of other clubs would give their eye teeth to be in FGR’s position. They were then a mid-table Conference team on the point of going into administration and are now one of three unbeaten teams in top half of EFL2 and with more than double the number of supporters.

I’ve already answered about the takeover talks between PB & DV. I was living out of area during this time.
You say you are grateful that the takeover did not proceed, which is fair enough but if it had happened Cheltenham could well not have been relegated in 2015 and would possibly be a Championship team this season. Think about that

5, FGR lost their identity when they got rid of the black and white stripes and then all the talk about moving from the area (because you are moving out of the area if the move ever happens. All this green devils BS and everything else. Your identity changed overnight.

Makes me laugh that when you decide to check a statement, you make out you have all the top people on speed dial. Vince did try and buy us. That is a fact. PB said no and i'm always grateful for PB doing that as i would never want my club to turn into what yours has and will become still more
The Old TomCat
Ihearye wrote:
Shade wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote: The post on this thread Robin said that DV once tried to buy CTFC. I’ve never heard that said before and phoned the office for confirmation or not. Seems nobody at TNL knows anything of the sort.
:lol: Jesus H. Christ :lol:
Unbelievable.
Indeed, does the man not have anything to fill his day with? While most of us are busy being employed, keeping other people employed, making sure family are in a good place, getting on with life. This vvanker has enough time in his day to actually pick up the phone and call somebody who probably is just doing the same as most of us - getting through their day. And asks them what they know about DV looking to buy CTFC. I can just imagine what they were silently mouthing to the person beside them, as they took the call.
The talks were yonks away and there has been new members of staff in that time.
I admit I asked question off the wrong person. The conversation probably took less than a minute from start to finish.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:Given the incoherent and bizarre rant there OTC I think big T is more appropriate.
Over the years I’ve got to know you well RCS and now have your measure.
You always insist on last word and if you are completely outfoxed you’ll resort to sarcasm, which you’ve done here.
Give your anti-FGR tirade a rest PLEASE.
I am not anti-FGR. I used to like them and met some of their players as a kids in the late 90s.

My tirades, if one must describe them as such, is anti-Vince. I am a football man first and foremost and the attitude Vince has to the game and supporters is poor. That is my opinion and as long as Vince is in the same league as CTFC I am welcome to express my opinion on this forum section.

As for being outfoxed...yes, I was speechless, but not because I was unable to reply but because your post was so garbled, inaccurate and bemusing.
The Old TomCat
Red Duke wrote:At one time, I respected OTC for his comments, but not anymore. I have grown tiresome of his approach of I'm right, you're wrong" to everything with FGR vs CTFC.

His achilles heel to all his arguments is that we accept his postings on here but none of us have the right of reply on the FGR message board.

He would regain my respect if he started a campaign to rectify this situation and subsequently achieved it.

Amazingly I have already talked to a FGR computer tecky reference the problem of getting people, including those from Cheltenham, enrolled on FGR forum.
I did so because a good friend of mine and FGR season ticket holder wanted to join the forum but a computer glitch has prevented him from doing so.
I am unaware of current situation and am not computer literate so cannot help further.
The Old TomCat
Ihearye wrote:
The Old TomCat wrote:
asl wrote:Good grief, OTC - that's common knowledge. Paul Baker met with him and turned him down because he didn't feel it was a good deal for CTFC. At the time, that was widely reported. I feel you're probably quite well known to the guys in the FGR office...?
Genuine I didn't know that.
I was probably living in Worcestershire at time and missed it.
Was the woman in the office living next door?
That is a very sexist post.
The Old TomCat
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
asl wrote:Good grief, OTC - that's common knowledge. Paul Baker met with him and turned him down because he didn't feel it was a good deal for CTFC. At the time, that was widely reported. I feel you're probably quite well known to the guys in the FGR office...?
And in the Stroud News and Journal.

An example from 2017, this letter in response to OTC, aka Tom Newman, sums it up perfectly.

The opening paragraph will resonate with many on this forum!

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/n ... _s_on_Tom/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I must be winning debate that you've got to trawl the SNJ.
Anyway my latest letter to the weekly paper that I sent on Thursday is as follows:

Dear editor,

I am a Forest Green Rover supporter who naturally takes great interest in the
club’s match reports within SNJ. I’m not happy that Cheltenham Town FC, who
FGR recently beat 4-0 in a Checkatrade Trophy cup match, was described as
‘bitter’ rivals.
They are opponents or local rivals but not ‘bitter’ rivals.

Respectfully yours
Tom Newman
kiaora84
The obsession with FGR on this forum is a bit cringey and embarrassing. I understand in the build up to a game, but threads constantly popping up about their whacky and weird owner Just comes across as being bitter. We have a new manager and people are still talking about what they are doing....
Lord Elpuz
The Old TomCat wrote:
Lord Elpuz wrote:There you go again OTC, it’s you who can’t leave CTFC alone. leave us alone.

Easy solution for both Robins Nest and me is for you to stop writing untrue and inflammatory posts about FGR. Then I would not need to come on this forum and put the record straight.
The ball is in your court.
The gall of the man. The ball is in the Mod’s court, who should be seriously looking at banning you.

We should be able to give our opinions on FGR on our own Forum without your persistent whitewashing of facts and petty come-backs on anything and everything, completely blinkered by the propaganda machine that has engulfed the once proud Forest Green Rovers village football team. Why else do you think differences of opinion are banned on your own Forum? Outside of North Korea and China, it is almost unimaginable to think that the next most oppressive regime in the World is based in Nailsworth. And you have fallen headlong into it with your misguided sycophantic hero worship.

You are obsessed, and it is not healthy. Get help before it’s too late, as it is consuming you now, as evidenced by your incoherent rants at everyone on this Forum that you disagree with - and the list is growing daily. No one at FGR will think you are doing a good job by trolling us all the time - despite you openly bragging about it on the FGR Forum. They probably realise you are a bit of a sad case.

Footnote: have just seen your latest addition, stating you have requested that FGR techies allow CTFC fans to post to your forum. If that happens, it will still be a whitewash by the propaganda machine, because even FGR fans get their posts taken down if they say anything against the FGR regime. There is no freedom of speech.
RegencyCheltenhamSpa
The Old TomCat wrote:
RegencyCheltenhamSpa wrote:
And in the Stroud News and Journal.

An example from 2017, this letter in response to OTC, aka Tom Newman, sums it up perfectly.

The opening paragraph will resonate with many on this forum!

http://www.stroudnewsandjournal.co.uk/n ... _s_on_Tom/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I must be winning debate that you've got to trawl the SNJ.
Anyway my latest letter to the weekly paper that I sent on Thursday is as follows:

Dear editor,

I am a Forest Green Rover supporter who naturally takes great interest in the
club’s match reports within SNJ. I’m not happy that Cheltenham Town FC, who
FGR recently beat 4-0 in a Checkatrade Trophy cup match, was described as
‘bitter’ rivals.
They are opponents or local rivals but not ‘bitter’ rivals.

Respectfully yours
Tom Newman
No trawling. It was the second google hit, after incomplete website about the family history of Thomas Newman.
asl
FFS....petty point-scoring from both sides. Rise above it.